• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I take government handouts

No one factor will cover that amount. there will have to be some cuts too. There will have to be a large amount of investment in infrastructure.

It's not one thing like the GOP wants to make it.

The one thing you can't do is cut taxes (especially on the top level). That will explode the deficit. No one who is honest and has a brain can say cutting taxes will help cut the deficits.

Yup. But if our friends in France (and if I weren't too slack to googles it, I could comfortably cite a few more examples) are any indication, our soon-to-be permanent (if the pundits are to be believed) left-leaning leadership will go a long way up on the revenue side before considering the spending side of the equation. Ought to be an entertaining ride.

LOL @ the idea that a tax deduction is a government handout. I guess that's the problem. Too many people think of taxes as the government's money rather than the taxpayer's money.

Right. You must have missed the memo. A failure to levy a tax = a Providential Blessing. Take it and be grateful, underling. This is your freedom, please don't ask any questions.

LOL @ the idea that a tax deduction is a government handout. I guess that's the problem. Too many people think of taxes as the government's money rather than the taxpayer's money.

First time I've seen you take it hit at Romney.

Well I will. I'll be taking the mortgage interest deduction this tax year. So I'm a worthless moocher that is subsidized by the federal government.

Obama be paying (part of) my mortgage!!!!!

It only means you're giving less of your own money to the federal government. Obama isn't giving you a dime.

Back