• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I take government handouts

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
Well I will. I'll be taking the mortgage interest deduction this tax year. So I'm a worthless moocher that is subsidized by the federal government.

Obama be paying (part of) my mortgage!!!!!

I, too, will take the mortgage interest deduction. I also took government backed student loans to fund my education, and now I take the tuition interest credit. I write a lot of other things, too. I guess that makes me a moocher, too.

Still pay more in taxes than Mittens, though.

Do you want Mit Romney to enjoy tax loopholes, too, or do you want to selfishly hog all the loopholes for yourself? Pay your fair share.

I, too, will take the mortgage interest deduction. I also took government backed student loans to fund my education, and now I take the tuition interest credit. I write a lot of other things, too. I guess that makes me a moocher, too.

Still pay more in taxes than Mittens, though.

If you pay more taxes than Romney, congratulations to you. I assume you mean you pay a higher percentage?

Do you want Mit Romney to enjoy tax loopholes, too, or do you want to selfishly hog all the loopholes for yourself? Pay your fair share.

I've said on here plenty of times that I'd have no problem paying a lower rate with no loopholes. Tax code needs to be simplified.

And yes, Kitchin, I mean a higher percentage.

Apparatchiks! Doom! Black Helicopters! Apparatchiks! Sky Falling! Angry White Male Hypocrite! Apparatchiks!

If the a'chicks are doing a good job for you and are worth the money they spend then why do you insist on a loophole for your greedy bad self?

I would argue that there is a big difference between keeping more of what was rightfully yours to begin with via a deduction that reduces the amount of taxes you pay as opposed to receiving a net payment from the government after you are already not paying anything in.

My next door neighbor owns a company that just won a government contract to supply material to a military supplier. He thanks you for your characterization of him as "greedy." And if a fucking hurricane or tornado ripped through your trailer park, you'd be the first crotchety old bastard in line for your federal disaster area handout.

Geeks living beside rich people winning lucrative government contracts should be asked to pay more to help out in disaster relief.

I too would be as angry, frustrated, and mad at the world if I was condemned to living your life. Hang in there, death can't be too far off.

I would argue that there is a big difference between keeping more of what was rightfully yours to begin with via a deduction that reduces the amount of taxes you pay as opposed to receiving a net payment from the government after you are already not paying anything in.

The government gave me a loan and was my only source of income during law school. Suck it, capitalistic swine. :umkc:

The government is ass fucking me on my student loans.. 8.5 percent is straight criminal. I am trying that sofi thing that someone posted on here to get them down to 5.99.

Yes, I want Mitt and everyone else, including myself, to follow the law and pay the appropriate amount of taxes taking into account appropriate deductions (is that what you mean by loophole?).

And in the interest of full disclosure, I am not currently a 47%er. Though I do use the mortgage interest, charitable and other business deductions. Not sure what all that stuff is because I own my business and just sign where my accountant tells me to sign.

Back