• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

The Orioles taking up my evenings and extra energy has really ruined my plans to buy a new suit or two. Looks like its getting pushed back until Sunday!

I think I've made a major fashion mistake today. I'm wearing pinstripe pants with leopard print heels. I've gotta think two patterns was a bad decision.

I think you're good as long as the pants are neutral colors. Mixing prints is great.

I think you're good as long as the pants are neutral colors. Mixing prints is great.

it's a black pant with fine gray stripe.

the stripes in the office carpet really add something special to this pattern mish-mash:

8074108732_b4dd7c587e_n.jpg

Oh yeah, especially with the subtle stripes, I like that look a lot.

And I want your shoes. BRB, gotta shop online...

good look...

two questions:

1. black jeans/brown boots: my brown boots are kinda dark, so i'm not sure how i feel about them with black jeans. am i being silly?

2. my cousin is getting married next saturday. all but one of my suits looks shitty on my because i've lost some weight, and it is black. it's a party/going out suit (well tailored, slim fit, flat front, etc.). the wedding is in the late afternoon with a reception that starts in the evening. if i'd thought ahead i'd have bought a new light grey suit from indochino, but i didnt. sooooooooo my pref would be black suit if that's fine, but i would be willing to go buy a new suit off the rack this weekend as my tailor could turn it around for me before i leave for home on friday. if it helps the wedding is not black tie (would be easier cause i could wear my tux), but the groom will be wearing a tux. thoughts?

I was a little worried about wearing my black suit to that wedding I went to recently but it was fine. It was an evening reception as well and there were a bunch of peeps in black suits.

PF Flyers are on sale on gilt today, thinking about picking up a pair like MY BOY Benny "the jet" Rodriguez.

a) i like RTQs shoes. a lot.

b) deacphan, i think you should wear the black suit. if you're worried about being too formal, don't wear a tie. (?)

I really want a briefcase, not a messenger bag, to use when I just need to carry around a few light items or laptop. Want something thin and classic. Problem is the ones I like the most are in the 500-700 range, which I can't swing right now.

2007789_briefcaseindkblue_4_1.jpg

This is a leader, but is $600.

KNO53-200-2T.jpg

This is the cheapest I like, but wife doesn't like it.

320423_mrp_in_l.jpg

And this is probably my favorite, and they have in more standard browns, but is $700.

raleigh girl peeps: i randomly found this amazing, humongous store in brier creek that only sells accessories. and they're super affordable and really cute and organized so well for shopping. Versona is the name. hiiiighly recommend.

I really want a briefcase, not a messenger bag, to use when I just need to carry around a few light items or laptop. Want something thin and classic. Problem is the ones I like the most are in the 500-700 range, which I can't swing right now.

2007789_briefcaseindkblue_4_1.jpg

This is a leader, but is $600.

KNO53-200-2T.jpg

This is the cheapest I like, but wife doesn't like it.

Is there a good outlet mall around? If you can find one with a good store you can easily find something for $200-300 that would normally be in the $500-700 range. (I got an awesome Cole Haan messenger bag for $200 that was normally $500 from the nice outlet mall outside Atlanta.)

About to order my first IndoChino suit. I'll give everyone one a rundown when it comes in...

So I need to step up my jacket game. I lived in Florida most of my life, so I have no idea how to do winter. I'm looking for something versatile. Preferably something I could wear over a shirt and tie but also dress down with jeans over the weekend, all without breaking the bank. While your at it, I wouldn't mind some boot recommendations. Ideally it would be something versatile as well, something that's reasonably weatherproof but doesn't have a giant ugly rubber sole.

For boots - I'm a big fan of Timberland Boot Company, which is a line from Timberland reissuing classic hand made American boot styles. I'd wear nearly all of them (unfortunately, my favorites - a reissue of Colrain boots - have been discontinued).

http://shop.timberland.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4032181

pTBL1-11629108v275.jpg

pTBL1-11629115v275.jpg

If you want something a bit dressier, but you can still go casual with jeans ... the Allen Edmonds "Dalton" boots are just killer

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0111_1_40000000001_-1

281989021_16808005ac12.jpg

For boots - I'm a big fan of Timberland Boot Company, which is a line from Timberland reissuing classic hand made American boot styles. I'd wear nearly all of them (unfortunately, my favorites - a reissue of Colrain boots - have been discontinued).

http://shop.timberland.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4032181

pTBL1-11629108v275.jpg

pTBL1-11629115v275.jpg

If you want something a bit dressier, but you can still go casual with jeans ... the Allen Edmonds "Dalton" boots are just killer

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0111_1_40000000001_-1

281989021_16808005ac12.jpg

Just bought a pair of the Dalton's and am waiting for them to ship. Pretty good feeling when the Pit Fashion Thread validates you without even asking. Really great experience with the people at Allenedmonds too.

Back