• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

so I'm thinking it might be time to buy another coat....what's everyone's favorite styles? I've worn my plain black peacoat religiously for the past three years and love it. Contemplating something longer and maybe a different color but black is just so classic.

i also really want this:
MKV15FX_mf.jpg

and this:
vKWZ4B_yUPHHDDMMnD20Rj0anSzQ9XIU4LFuL8aE_Tak06pjC1SkjvT_JHy822jSaVFwOkZudLdWRa90C2_43Q0q9gobjj0g7VTY1PXmyHpzgLvAGCvPQqTKtUMgFO6rZ-dB0c1utJGnY-p49qz_EqiSMPhS4EPSUQE6wozuvjZQp0GbNGiKvPoyxnaI4ZHrXOHL_1OMG4bAfdJhCUFtUonuDiGZG0k=s220-c

(i've got bag fever lately)

Oh man I always have bag fever but I've tried to limit myself the past few years.

so I'm thinking it might be time to buy another coat....what's everyone's favorite styles? I've worn my plain black peacoat religiously for the past three years and love it. Contemplating something longer and maybe a different color but black is just so classic.

Have you ever heard of vente-privee? It's one of those sites where you can get designer stuff for cheap. If you have an AmEx you get free shipping but you can use it even without. *FULL DISCLOSURE* I've never ordered from it so I can't vouch for them but London Fog is featured on there until tomorrow and they have a bunch of men's coats for big discounts. That one ends tomorrow morning, though.

http://us.venteprivee.com/vp4/Home/Default.aspx

I feel like black and grey are the only colors you see people in these days. I don't think I could necessarily pull it off, but I dig this guy:

25316035_060_b

or in green:

SpiewakDuganPeaCoatOliveHeatherCR.jpg

Those as far as peacoats go. Really dig this grey trench for something a little longer:

l_mens-grey-jacket-pea-wool-trench-coat-double-breasted-8d473.JPG

jdawg, if you want to change things up a bit and go for something a bit more casual, i like the looks of something like this:

cn5340304.jpg

i also really want this:
and this:
vKWZ4B_yUPHHDDMMnD20Rj0anSzQ9XIU4LFuL8aE_Tak06pjC1SkjvT_JHy822jSaVFwOkZudLdWRa90C2_43Q0q9gobjj0g7VTY1PXmyHpzgLvAGCvPQqTKtUMgFO6rZ-dB0c1utJGnY-p49qz_EqiSMPhS4EPSUQE6wozuvjZQp0GbNGiKvPoyxnaI4ZHrXOHL_1OMG4bAfdJhCUFtUonuDiGZG0k=s220-c

(i've got bag fever lately)
isn't that kate spade bag on sale right now? i was just looking at her site and could swear either it or somethign VERY close to it is on sale.

isn't that kate spade bag on sale right now? i was just looking at her site and could swear either it or somethign VERY close to it is on sale.

yup, it's on sale. i'm thisclose to buying it. i lurrrve the color.

Is Abercrombie and Fitch still popular? The CEO sounds like a complete lunatic.
Here are some highlights from the "Aircraft Standards" manual:

The four models or actors who work as cabin attendants must never respond to Matthew or Michael, as the manual refers to Jeffries and Smith, by saying anything but a friendly "no problem." Phrases like "sure" or "just a minute" are not permitted.

Crew members are provided with a specific uniform by Abercrombie & Fitch: jeans, boxer briefs, polo shirts and flip flops. When it is 50 degrees or colder outside, all crew members are required to wear winter coats. The jacket should be zipped up to the "forth button from the bottom," the manual specifies. "The lowest button should be left undone," it says.

Hats, meanwhile, are against the rules unless the temperature is below 40 degrees. When they are worn, brims must be two-inches thick and pulled down "approximately in the middle of the forehead."

Male staff (yes, only males) should "spritz" their uniforms with Abercrombie & Fitch #41 cologne "throughout the duration of the shift."

Fingerprints are not permitted. Cabin attendants must constantly check for fingerprints "on the credenza, cabin door, galley door, ledges and the cabinet doors in the lavatory." Seat belts should also be "free of fingerprints or marks."

The crew must monitor the tops of lamp bases for dust (they collect dust frequently, the manual states). When they vacuum, the crew must move from the front to the back of the aircraft to create "smooth, even lines."

Cabin attendants must remove all loose advertising and inserts from the 13 specific magazines that are stocked in the aircraft's credenza, as well as the newspapers which are bought on board. Different newspapers are to be stocked based on the day of the week and the region in which the aircraft is flying.

In bathrooms, eight washcloths (exactly eight) must be "tri-folded" and placed behind the vanity. Toilet paper must be left as a square and not folded.

On flights home, the crew must make sure to play the song "Take Me Home" as guests enter the cabin.

Before guests go to sleep, crew should "spray the bedding with sleep spray."

Michael and Matthew's dogs Ruby, Trouble and Sammy are nearly as picky as their owners, it seems. The manual outlines a five-point instruction set for seating the pets. "When Ruby and Trouble travel, Ruby will sit opposite Michael in the cabin, in Sammy's seat," it says. "When Sammy travels, Ruby will sit in Trouble's seat."

Crew can eat meals only on flights longer than two hours, and only food that is not "aromatic."

When serving what the manual calls "Matthew's Tea Service" (which consists of Assam tea in the morning and Darjeeling after 2 p.m.) crew should lay out a teaspoon that is exactly 5 and 1/4 inches long.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-corporate-jet-rulebook_n_1980960.html

Is Abercrombie and Fitch still popular? The CEO sounds like a complete lunatic.

I just got back from Italy a week ago. Europeans of all ages and locals were wearing A&F stuff like it was their job. They were also wearing anything that said New York, NYC, New York Yankees, or New York Island (whatever the fuck that means). But the A&F stuff that said New York on it was the brass ring.

From what I remember, Abercrombie has always been obsessive about how their employees look / dress / act. Very protective of the brand image.

The Abercrombie CEO looks like an even crazier version of Gary Busey wearing the clothing of a middle school boy

From what I remember, Abercrombie has always been obsessive about how their employees look / dress / act. Very protective of the brand image.

Well they've run it into the ground. The clothes are cheap and look like shit. I went in there a few weeks ago looking for pocket tee's since they were out of season and thought they might have some and was astounded by the garbage they have in that store.

I just got back from Italy a week ago. Europeans of all ages and locals were wearing A&F stuff like it was their job. They were also wearing anything that said New York, NYC, New York Yankees, or New York Island (whatever the fuck that means). But the A&F stuff that said New York on it was the brass ring.

Granted this was 2005 but when I was in Ireland A+F was HUGE. All the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever and were shocked when we were like only High Schoolers wear that crap. They didn't have a store so they would buy sweatshirts secondhand for like 80 euros or something ridiculous.

I went a bit overboard....so in addition to lightweight Orioles pullover, a heavier reversable Maryland jacket, a classier black O's windbreaker w/ full zipper, a black leather jacket that was my grandfather's and 4-5" taller than me so its almost 3/4 length, a blue heavy-duty raincoat and my black peacoat I now have:

fp_det0_1031270.jpg
fp_det0_1031272.jpg
fp_det0_1031279.jpg

I think I'm good for a while lol

I really like the classic knee length overcoat, those never go out of style and are very useful.

The short trench is good looking but it has one of my pet peeves on it - a gunflap on a single breasted jacket. That's just there for added show when it was originally designed for a purely functional reason (the purpose of a gunflap is to close over the top of a fully buttoned double breasted jacket to prevent water from running down the inside of the front - obviously doesn't work with a single breasted design).

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice that. Now I'll be irrationally pissed too, thanks! :thumbsup:

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice that. Now I'll be irrationally pissed too, thanks! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have a coat with a similarly pointless "fashion only" gunflap and I'm sure 99% of people never notice - but occasionally I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE" when I see it (still love the coat and wear it all the time though).

Carhartt was irrationally popular when I studied abroad. People paid major money for it in Europe. It was weird.

It was funny though because I wear Carhartt quite a bit on weekend when I am doing work or just running errands and whatnot so they all thought I had some really cool stuff.

Back