• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fashion Thread

Those pants look good, I'm tall and thin so definitely should be rocking them. Why do they look good and skinny jeans look terrible? Being skinny on the calf being the main distinction on the latter?

Who knows the go-to Winston-Salem tailor? I have a few suit jackets that need work and some pants that need to be hemmed.

Someone explain Crocs to me, I still see them years later

I've never understood them in any setting.

camping. they are the greatest camp shoes EVER. they weigh hardly anything to just clip to the outside of your pack, and they're perfect because you can keep your socks on after taking off your boots (nice in chilly weather).
plus, keeping them by the front door for taking the dog out really quickly is pretty clutch.

i wore them to a tailgate once.

...with jorts and a 3 wolf/moon shirt.
i'll be honest, as much as the outfit was ridiculous, it was amazingly comfortable. i wish they were socially acceptable.

Last question: Anyone have good advice on how to shrink some shrink-to-fit denim? I've heard you just fill a tub with water and get in with your jeans on.

Any better advice? Do's and don'ts? Any way I can ruin them?

Yeah, just submerge them and try not to move them around too much, weight them down with something so they stay down mehbe...

Those Bonobos look as if they don't leave much to the imagination though

camping. they are the greatest camp shoes EVER. they weigh hardly anything to just clip to the outside of your pack, and they're perfect because you can keep your socks on after taking off your boots (nice in chilly weather).
plus, keeping them by the front door for taking the dog out really quickly is pretty clutch.

yep, i was going to chime in with this too, but you got here first. definitely the best camp shoes ever. it also helps if you're doing hiking that requires crossing some creeks/rivers, and you don't want your shoes to be wet for weeks.

but yeah, other than that, crocs are never ok.

Digging on these new Clarks, but I'll probably wait:

WWmG0cTu4NNWYgf5XLEjfZB82nbZ5ThFEwD3eYpybrwjI5qJwvNaWkNORijHn7FHQ8oXV2-24No9Tb12lSWFvh4DOiH4w-YyCcRPBJyXOwblx5WKEDDajv4sLnrJEPncK9DVhyEzkFYzbV9A-rwvarnw3HTifbsd6q2fZRE=s220-c

How do the Bonobos fit in real life? I've heard they're pretty slim through the thigh, so I defs couldn't rock them. I'm a pretty small dude, but I've got some meat on my legs.

These are 2% spandex, like a lot of jeans these days. I haven't tried any of their chinos yet.

so i went to the mall this weekend:

got 3 new flannels and some fun dress socks from j crew, a levi jean jacket and black 514s (decided they were tapered enough and all my other jeans are skinnier), and a couple of dress shirts at brooks. well done me. still want some wingtips (looking at you AE) and a couple of cords for fall. also really liked a shawl cardigan at j crew, but i may be too fat to pull it off. didnt try it on because id spent enough monies.

Whats the situation where you think you want to rock the black jeans with and with what? Same with a jean jacket I guess. Jake from Melrose place rocked a mean jean jacket but he's the last I can remember, are they back? Do you own a hog?

Check out Blake at the end of this clip. rolled up pants. Same with CP3 on the cover. Will this happen? Is anyone doing this yet?

This has been happening for a couple of years now. For a while in the 80s and 90s you saw these ridiculously long suit pants ("full break"), but as the slimmer traditionally tailored looks came back into style with no break (i.e - pants falling right at the top of the shoe) you started seeing some sock every now and then, etc.

For example - here's Frank Sinatra in a pair of tailored pants with no break - notice you can see his socks when he has leg even slightly raised:

annexsinatrafrankpaljoe.jpg

That's an awesome, classic traditional look. Then Thom Browne about 8 years ago started making some of suits for himself with very hems, where you could see the entire ankle (as well as making his jackets super small, etc) - it was mostly a social commentary thing where he was trying to poke fun at other Americans (Browne is an American) for wearing suits that are way too big. By being a very visible fashion designer dressing himself personally in ridiculously small suits he thought he'd get some reaction. It worked, and influential fashion types in New York started requesting he tailor their suits that way. I started seeing them on Wall Street by like 2006-2007 on banker types, and it just kind of exploded from there to the point we're at today.

OB-IR844_rebel1_EV_20100601182934.jpg

In short - it's a fashion trend that was started by a single designer just trying to make a statement (this is a guy who also had two models wear a "3 legged suit" at a fashion show to poke fun at the sameness of the male business uniform) that somehow spread out. It'll go away in a few years and we'll remember it was kind of ridiculous. Stick with the well hemmed or cuffed pants that fall right to the top of your shoe. That'll always look good and never truly go out of style.

You rarely ever translate runway fashion directly to street fashion, palma. They just are there for ideas/inspiration.

Yeah - to stick with the Thom Browne theme ... this is a guy who sent this down the runway:

00010fullscreen.jpg

And helps Brooks Brothers make this for their Black Fleece line:

Men-outfit-1481-zoom.jpg

Runway shows are basically modern art at this point. Ridiculous and over the top and attempt to do crazy wild things and then people pick at them and try to take bits and pieces and turn them into clothes people would actually wear. NOBODY would wear runway clothes in actual life.

Can we get some pickles of phan in his jean jacket. I wanna see this.

so i went to the mall this weekend:

got 3 new flannels and some fun dress socks from j crew, a levi jean jacket and black 514s (decided they were tapered enough and all my other jeans are skinnier), and a couple of dress shirts at brooks. well done me. still want some wingtips (looking at you AE) and a couple of cords for fall. also really liked a shawl cardigan at j crew, but i may be too fat to pull it off. didnt try it on because id spent enough monies.

When I hear Phan shopping for a shawl cardigan, this is all I can think of:

cable-cardy.jpg

Back