• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate expectations

and never will....of course neither did Reagan nor did Clinton.

Maybe not for President but Reagan beat a very popular Pat Brown for Gov of California and Clinton had a ton of difficult campaigns in Arkansas. Obama from the state senate to the White House has never faced a tough opponent. I think that actually says a lot about him because people do not want to face him.

Are you talking about being an actual debater in front of intelligent, learned judges or being a debater in a Presidential election where the general public is watching?

Because in the latter, 90% of being a good debater is being likable and staying cool. Obama is great at both of those.

Which is why I keep on saying that the election is about likeability, not the economy.

So tonight's debate is about domestic policy. If I drink every time I hear the word "jobs" or "taxes", approximately how much beer will I need on hand?

Contact your local brewery.

How are these polls showing that Romney and Obama are tied!?!? 3 days ago the word was that Obama had surged ahead by 5 points.

After a week in which Romney said that he wonders why windows on a plane do not roll down!

5 points is close or within the margin of error.

I believe the President has this one in the bag. Media needs a close race to sell the debate and more advertising.

I trust my gut more than the media.

So now we get the.." but, look at who he has debated!" That sounds like ESPN in mid-November arguing which team should play in the National Championship.
IMO I would love to see Obama get tested but the GOP continues to showcase these stuffed shirts as the representatives for their party. Look at 2000, Gore- Robot vs Bush- Human / 2004 Bush- Human vs Kerry- Robot / 2008 Obama- Human vs McCain- too plain / 2012 Obama- Human vs Mitt- Robot. ( robots and too plain do not do well)The Dems figured it out but the GOP continues to play seniority rules and in turn, have sub-par candidates. 08 was McCain's turn, 2012 is Mitt's turn.
Christie would be a terrible choice in 16 bc he is too much of a hot head but Rubio on the other hand would give any Dem fits.

Maybe not for President but Reagan beat a very popular Pat Brown for Gov of California and Clinton had a ton of difficult campaigns in Arkansas. Obama from the state senate to the White House has never faced a tough opponent. I think that actually says a lot about him because people do not want to face him.

Difficult campaigns does not equal good debate opponents.

This debate is just a show about who is the tallest midget. The NFL Network documentary on the 95 Browns should be better TV.

Back