• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari

kinnda sucks. he had a really bad year but i could of sworn that he was going to be a solid player after what we saw his fr. year.
good luck ari in whatever you do

As previously mentioned, players leaving is inevitable with coaching transitions, but this really adds to my frustration with the overall state of the program right now. What I wouldn't give to have a little bit of hope right now.

Chase Fischer is our hope, leftcoast. I'm not saying that sarcastically either.

I also really believe Anthony Fields is going to help us a lot next year.

Green just needs to eat some moar. Dude is 6 inches taller than me and weighs 15 pounds less.

Green just needs to eat some moar. Dude is 6 inches taller than me and weighs 15 pounds less.

You should email him your Grizzly Bear diet. Send it to Rountree too, that dude makes me look thick

Sadly, I don't think there is a cookout in Texas. Rountree could probably find one though.

Ari started out the year quite well. Scored in double digits in 10 of our first 11 games, and was probably our leading scorer up to that point. Good chance we lose the Iowa (10 and 3) and UNCG games (12 and 3) without him. Not sure what happened to him after that, but he only hit double figures in four games the rest of the way.

For his sake, at least he won't to play for an uninspiring turd of a coach anymore. He will probably blow up wherever he goes!

I assume he would seriously consider wherever Dino ends up, provided he leaves TV after this season.

The academic reason was given mainly to save face for Ari since he fell out with the head coach so deeply.

I don't really understand this reason. I think it paints Ari in a more negative light then simply saying that he didn't feel like he was a fit for the team/coaching staff/school/whatever. It has a negative connotation where there needn't be a negative connotation.

ETA: I don't blame [Redacted] for this; I don't blame Ari. Sometimes personalities just don't mesh. Best of wishes to Ari.

Ari started out the year quite well. Scored in double digits in 10 of our first 11 games, and was probably our leading scorer up to that point. Good chance we lose the Iowa (10 and 3) and UNCG games (12 and 3) without him. Not sure what happened to him after that, but he only hit double figures in four games the rest of the way.

His shooting was just horrendous down the stretch. Not sure if it was a confidence issue, or his heart wasn't in it, or something completely unrelated.

I don't really understand this reason. I think it paints Ari in a more negative light then simply saying that he didn't feel like he was a fit for the team/coaching staff/school/whatever. It has a negative connotation where there needn't be a negative connotation.

ETA: I don't blame [Redacted] for this; I don't blame Ari. Sometimes personalities just don't mesh. Best of wishes to Ari.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with not feeling like it's the right fit. I wish it would have worked out for him but I hope he finds somewhere where he'll be happy.

Will Ari's homeskillets be dropping mad Twitter yo bombs in defense of him from Conference USA?

I don't expect anything from those guys next year.. though Fields will probably get some minutes because we have no PG.

Expecting any of the incoming freshman to be a God-send is setting them up for failure, IMO.

I'm just hoping they can provide valuable minutes. Next year is going to suck, probably not as much as this one, but it will suck none-the-less.

Expecting any of the incoming freshman to be a God-send is setting them up for failure, IMO.

I'm just hoping they can provide valuable minutes. Next year is going to suck, probably not as much as this one, but it will suck none-the-less.

Hehe, not expecting them to be a godsend, but I can't wait to have a second PG on the roster.

Hehe, not expecting them to be a godsend, but I can't wait to have a second PG on the roster.

Screw having a second pg(kidding, I want him to get here too), I just want TC to get better. Watching him play this year was like being super excited for a new toy at christmas time, then it comes, it breaks right away, you send it back only to find out that the company discontinued the product and they have send you a pair of socks instead.

Somebody had a bad Christmas when they were 9 years old.

Want to talk about it?

Screw having a second pg(kidding, I want him to get here too), I just want TC to get better. Watching him play this year was like being super excited for a new toy at christmas time, then it comes, it breaks right away, you send it back only to find out that the company discontinued the product and they have send you a pair of socks instead.

Oh I definitely want TC to get better too. I know he's got the right attitude and a strong desire to win, so I think he will. I really admire him for coming back this year (to stay with his teammates) even though he knew he might struggle.

I blame Ari leaving on Buzz and I'll say what I was afraid to say on the other board. I think the guy comes across as an arrogant prick which is why he did fine at Airforce(Those guys are use to it) . I'm really surprised He didn't run more kids off. I may be wrong about him . I'm just going by the way he seems at games and on TV.

Back