• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari

I blame Ari leaving on Buzz and I'll say what I was afraid to say on the other board. I think the guy comes across as an arrogant prick which is why he did fine at Airforce(Those guys are use to it) . I'm really surprised He didn't run more kids off. I may be wrong about him . I'm just going by the way he seems at games and on TV.

Well I think some of the players really like him and are buying into his system (CJ, Travis, JT). JT in particular seemed to constantly seek him out for input/advice.

I'm just not sure Ari was all that happy at WFU in general, and that probably affected things on the court as well. Just like Skeen wasn't happy. It's not for everybody.

Buzz is defs an arrogant prick. You can see that by how he is during post games and his coach's show.

"I keep telling and telling the players! They just don't listen!"
That's because you can't motivate anyone with your pretentious asshole-ish personality, Buzz.

Well I think some of the players really like him and are buying into his system (CJ, Travis, JT). JT in particular seemed to constantly seek him out for input/advice.

I'm just not sure Ari was all that happy at WFU in general, and that probably affected things on the court as well. Just like Skeen wasn't happy. It's not for everybody.

Just because they suck up to the boss doesn't mean they like him .

Sad to see this happen to Ari. He showed so much promise last year. Bzzz definitely seems like a huge prick who suffers from little man syndrome and also has a huge chip on his shoulder about his mediocre coaching career. Otherwise he wouldn't do things like show his ass to callers to his radio program. Lame.

But it's all part of the culture change, right Ron? (The Premier's gotta have checked these boards out by now, no?)

BuzzOut

Now why would you think [Redacted] is an arrogant prick?

"The majority of people who complain have never built anything successful because they would have known if you’re going to start from scratch you’re not going to be able to snap your fingers and have success. So the people who have had success, they know what it takes. It’s the people who have never been there, done that before – those kind of people, I could care less what they think. They don’t ruin my day, period."

"The majority of people who complain have never built anything successful because they would have known if you’re going to start from scratch you’re not going to be able to snap your fingers and have success. So the people who have had success, they know what it takes. It’s the people who have never been there, done that before – those kind of people, I could care less what they think. They don’t ruin my day, period."

LOL Nice!

Anyone know if Ari is finishing out the semester at Wake?

To be fair, he was being defensive. If you troll someone for an angry answer, and that's what you get, you shouldn't be surprised. This has absolutely no relation to the way he treats/behaves towards his players.

You think Dan was trolling him for an angry answer?

It's never acceptable for someone to say something like that, especially not when their wellbeing depends on the generosity of boosters, people who are successful, but are also notoriously impatient.

In that situation, a little bit. You ask anyone straight up "People don't think you can achieve success, what do you have to say about that?" or any question similar to that and you'll get an answer that probably comes off as very defensive. It wasn't professional or the right thing to do, but he wasn't just going out and spewing arrogance all over the world.

His well being depends on whether or not he can turn this thing around and prove himself as a basketball coach. The rest is just details. There are lots of coaches that are giant turds to their fanbase when they get angry about questions and are still successful.

Most of them wait a bit longer to be turds then [Redacted] did.

[Redacted]'s personality probably didn't help, but Ari's defense and overall regression really didn't do him any favors here. Hit reset elsewhere, and all parties will be better off.

Good to see Buzz has some fans on this site else= boring

In that situation, a little bit. You ask anyone straight up "People don't think you can achieve success, what do you have to say about that?" or any question similar to that and you'll get an answer that probably comes off as very defensive. It wasn't professional or the right thing to do, but he wasn't just going out and spewing arrogance all over the world.

His well being depends on whether or not he can turn this thing around and prove himself as a basketball coach. The rest is just details. There are lots of coaches that are giant turds to their fanbase when they get angry about questions and are still successful.

Look at Bill Belicheck and Bill Parcells

cookout, I think what frustrated fans is that Bz was clueless as to why fans would be upset with him. The idea that he was building things from scratch was off-putting as well.

"Some of these kids have never been coached before."

He said that on a radio show to a caller that was nothing but positive towards Buzz. Such a dickish thing to say.

cookout, I think what frustrated fans is that Bz was clueless as to why fans would be upset with him. The idea that he was building things from scratch was off-putting as well.

True. Like I said, I don't think he answered nearly as well as he should have. He's not a very good off-the-cuff (is that the right terminology?) speaker.

"Some of these kids have never been coached before."

He said that on a radio show to a caller that was nothing but positive towards Buzz. Such a dickish thing to say.

I don't understand this one much. I think most people agree that there are very few high school coaches out there stressing fundamentals. Even if they are, they've shown a propensity to do what it takes to win over everything else, therefore creating bad habits and a serious lack of discipline (like telling the only good player on the team to take nearly every shot).

Back