• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari

I don't understand this one much. I think most people agree that there are very few high school coaches out there stressing fundamentals. Even if they are, they've shown a propensity to do what it takes to win over everything else, therefore creating bad habits and a serious lack of discipline (like telling the only good player on the team to take nearly every shot).

IT would be more funny if he was talking about CJ or Ari ;)

True cookout, but why say that? Why throw the players under the bus like that instead of taking up the responsibility of coaching them? Also, I doubt high school coaches like a college coach blaming high school coaches for not winning with highly rated players. A coach doesn't say that when he needs his players behind him and high school coaches to like his program.

I don't understand this one much. I think most people agree that there are very few high school coaches out there stressing fundamentals. Even if they are, they've shown a propensity to do what it takes to win over everything else, therefore creating bad habits and a serious lack of discipline (like telling the only good player on the team to take nearly every shot).

Recruiting is a small world.

I didn't realize he said that. It sounds bad imho.

Not smart for recruiting to call out the coaching ability of the head coaches of some of the better h.s. basketball programs whose future players you may try to recruit. Whether you think the coaches suck out loud or not you would think you would keep your thoughts to yourself.

And yes I realize it was on a radio show that has very few listeners and that no h.s. coaches listen to but you have to know the comment will get repeated and I'd be willing to be it isn't the only time he's said it...

Back