• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Super-rich Crybabies vs. Obama

"You know, the largest and greatest country in the free world put a forty-seven-year-old guy that never worked a day in his life and made him in charge of the free world," Cooperman said. "Not totally different from taking Adolf Hitler in Germany and making him in charge of Germany because people were economically dissatisfied.

hey, Hitler worked pretty goddamn hard to make his way from loser Austrian art student/vet to der Fuhrer

"You know, the largest and greatest country in the free world put a forty-seven-year-old guy that never worked a day in his life and made him in charge of the free world," Cooperman said. "Not totally different from taking Adolf Hitler in Germany and making him in charge of Germany because people were economically dissatisfied.

I can see the equivalence in this analogy.

So it really isn't his policies per se that they oppose, its really that he isn't kissing their collective asses as much as they would like.

So it really isn't his policies per se that they oppose, its really that he isn't kissing their collective asses as much as they would like.

That's exactly it. Their businesses and their personal wealth have done just fine under Obama, they're just so sad that he hasn't gotten down on his knees and sucked their cocks like they think he should have

Of course, the difference between making fun and whining about something is just a matter of perspective.

Never stops making fun of them? Sure. Never stops whining about them? Nope.

I mean you guys just make it too easy.

You get pretty worked up. Certainly seems like whining when you're dropping f-bombs all over the place.

I thought the same thing when I hear Paul Ryan whining about the liberal media Sunday.

It worked. CNN is finally having to report something about the Libyan debacle and Univision is going nuts with the fast and furious scandle. Random acts of journalism. Who would have thought? Even the Washington Post is coming around. But most of the links here are to Huffpo, so a lot of posters here are blissfully unaware.

It's not just these guys

Then, during a black-tie ball on Saturday night, Dimon and his wife Judy sat with Salomon Smith Barney capital markets head Steve Black and his wife Debbie. In a gesture that could have moved things in another direction entirely, Black turned to Debbie and told her he was going to ask Maughan's wife, Va, to dance as a peace overture. The couple went over together to where the Maughans were dancing, and he politely cut in. Maughan, however, failed to return the gesture, leaving Black's wife standing alone on the dance floor. Embarrassed, Debbie Black began to cry.

As if that weren't sufficiently "high school", the situation quickly devolved further. After comforting his wife, Black lost his temper, marching over to Maughan -- who is not a small man, standing some 6'3" -- and seized him by the flesh of his arm. "You fucking asshole," he said. "You can do whatever you want with me, but if you ever do something like that to my wife again, I will drop you where you stand."

Expecting a fight, Black was surprised when Maughan simply turned and walked away. Black had momentarily forgotten who wore the pants in the Maughan family. Moments later, an enraged Va Maughan came steaming across the dance floor headed right for him. Sticking her finger in his chest, she said, "Don't you ever talk to my husband like that again. You can't talk to my husband like that."

At this point, Dimon tuned in. "What was that all about?" he asked Black after Va Maughan had retreated. After hearing Black's side of the story, Dimon himself became enraged, and went off to find Maughan. "Deryck," he said, when he tracked him down. "If you snubbed her by accident, explain it. If you did it on purpose, that's a whole different thing." Once again, Maughan responded by turning away, at which point Dimon grabbed him and spun him around, tearing a button from his jacket in the process. "Don't you ever turn your back on me while I'm talking!" he shouted. "You popped my button!" was all Maughan offered in reply.

Masters of the Universe, folks. They'll be running the show for as long we allow TBTF.

wtf is that about? she started crying? super rich people are ridiculous

Back