• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pennyslvania Did the Right Thing Regarding Voter ID Law

Should they have to take a day off work when living paycheck to paycheck?

I do not know, what do the other 90% of Americans do who live paycheck to paycheck but need to obtain or renew their drivers license, or a host of any other activities associated with living in a society?

You all paint the picture of some dude who is locked in his cardboard box all year but only emerges triumphantly on election day to expend all of his yearly energy to get to his polling place to proudly cast his vote, and then returns to his shack to eat dirt the rest of the year, never to be seen by anyone.

This is 9.2% of the State of Pennsylvania, according to RJ. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting an unambultary, anonymous likely voter.

I do not care how rural or impoverished they are. Unless they are physically handicapped, I fail to see how they are unable to procure a free ID card with 5 weeks' notice. Are they immobile shut-ins? If not, they manage to function in their lives to at least some minimal degree. How is going to pick up a free ID card not the most minimal of requirements?

The Commonwealth of PA swore under oath there had been ZERO cases of voter impersonation and that didn't expect there to be a SINGLE case in the future.

There is absolutely no reason for these IDs.

Which cops, teachers or firemen would you fire to pay for this nonsense? Or would you raise taxes to pay to fix a "problem" even the proponents of the law say doesn't exist?

The Commonwealth of PA swore under oath there had been ZERO cases of voter impersonation and that didn't expect there to be a SINGLE case in the future.

There is absolutely no reason for these IDs.

Which cops, teachers or firemen would you fire to pay for this nonsense? Or would you raise taxes to pay to fix a "problem" even the proponents of the law say doesn't exist?

You get worse every single day. It's like you think we're outspending our receipts by $3.0B a day on teachers and first responders. You're right. There's absolutely no waste. That's all we do. Tax and hire teachers. There's certainly nothing else to cut.

You're an imbecile.

I do not care how rural or impoverished they are. Unless they are physically handicapped, I fail to see how they are unable to procure a free ID card with 5 weeks' notice. Are they immobile shut-ins? If not, they manage to function in their lives to at least some minimal degree. How is going to pick up a free ID card not the most minimal of requirements?

I think that was the point of WFFaithful's little story. You don't care because you can't identify with them at all. I think we should have voter ID, but I can understand the sentiment that opinions change when you get down in the trenches with people during their ordinary, difficult lives.

I think that was the point of WFFaithful's little story. You don't care because you can't identify with them at all. I think we should have voter ID, but I can understand the sentiment that opinions change when you get down in the trenches with people during their ordinary, difficult lives.

This, though I'm not sure that interpretation or misunderstanding is the problem here. I think that the poster understands WFF's point perfectly well.

No, I don't care because I do not see any way how being impoverished or rural has anything to do with getting a free ID, no matter how much I can or cannot identify with them.

No, I don't care because I do not see any way how being impoverished or rural has anything to do with getting a free ID, no matter how much I can or cannot identify with them.

You don't see how living in a rural area where there are very few DMV offices (and which can have variable hours) for someone with transportation issues can be a problem?

i don't even know why we allow poor or old people to vote, especially dumbfucks in rural PA

i don't even know why we allow poor or old people to vote, especially dumbfucks in rural PA

And that's the purpose of these laws, at least to make sure they can't vote specifically in this election.

This issue is a litmus test to distinguish between reasonable conservatives and the ones interested in voter suppression.

You don't see how living in a rural area where there are very few DMV offices (and which can have variable hours) for someone with transportation issues can be a problem?

Can it be a pain in the ass? Sure. But it is a pain in the ass for everybody, not just the poor and rural. I'm sure it is a pain in the ass for them to go to the grocery store as well, but that doesn't mean the agency administering their food stamps needs to start delivering food to their home.

And that's the purpose of these laws, at least to make sure they can't vote specifically in this election.

This issue is a litmus test to distinguish between reasonable conservatives and the ones interested in voter suppression.

Or those sick of our government hamstringing itself and majority of its populace by gearing everything towards the lowest common denominator.

Or those sick of our government hamstringing itself and majority of its populace by gearing everything towards the lowest common denominator.

Have you been out in middle America? The vast majority of our citizens ARE the lowest common denominator. A government governs for its citizens, not the top most intelligent 10% of its citizens.

QFT. I wish that 2&2 and jhmd would engage with the bold.

QFT. I wish that 2&2 and jhmd would engage with the bold.

I did. I have no interest in voter suppression, I would be in favor of online voting. What pisses me off is the attitude that it is somehow morally offensive to require that any person take one single ounce of personal responsibility to accomplish anything government-related.

Back