• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

For real though: What is Romney's Path to Victory?

Look at the bottom of the graph. "Data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Last updated: Sep 24, 2012"

Yours is a secondary source in a chart from Google. Mine is directly from their own website. Did they have primary sources when you were in school? You may have noticed my post said "directly."

Yours is a secondary source in a chart from Google. Mine is directly from their own website. Did they have primary sources when you were in school? You may have noticed my post said "directly."

How about FRED?

fredgraph.png

You don't have to go to June 2009. Unemployment was higher on inauguration day 2009 than it is now.

Dear God you are fact-impenetrable. BLS says it was 7.6%. Second link, since you ignored the first:

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2009/feb/wk2/art02.htm

You guys are in a trance. At least make bad arguments about cause, rather than patently false arguments about facts. If you're going to stay wrong, at least be entertaining.

Then there is this little diddy... the workforce participation rate from the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Link that explains why unemployment declines while Americans struggle to find jobs.

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all_period_M08_data.gif

Not good compared to other US recoveries

us_emploss_0812.jpg

But, huh, this wasn't a normal recession. Reagan had 10% unemployment during his first term, but that recession happened because Volcker decided to break the inflationary fever and raised interest rates sky high. Once the rates came down, the good times were back, and for almost 30 years

How does Obama's stewardship of the US recovery from a financial crash look compared to other financial crashes?

rr_employment.jpg

rr_unemployment.jpg

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Dear God you are fact-impenetrable. BLS says it was 7.6%. Second link, since you ignored the first:

You guys are in a trance. At least make bad arguments about cause, rather than patently false arguments about facts. If you're going to stay wrong, at least be entertaining.

How do you not understand that Federal tax receipts/GDP is the effective Federal tax rate for the whole economy and then get off telling other people that they're fact-impenetrable?

For the first 11 days of his Presidency, it was lower by the simple fact that was the number for January. Obviously the number for February was much higher, and the trend was increasing unemployment. Since unemployment doesn't stair step from month to month and is more of a continuous line, then one can assume that unemployment was at or above current levels.

I'm glad Obama did so much in those first 11 days to make the unemployment grow to 8.3%. Elsewhere on their site, it states unemployment for January 2009 as 7.8%.

For the first 11 days of his Presidency, it was lower by the simple fact that was the number for January. Obviously the number for February was much higher, and the trend was increasing unemployment. Since unemployment doesn't stair step from month to month and is more of a continuous line, then one can assume that unemployment was at or above current levels.

I'm glad Obama did so much in those first 11 days to make the unemployment grow to 8.3%. Elsewhere on their site, it states unemployment for January 2009 as 7.8%.

And then four years happened.

How do you not understand that Federal tax receipts/GDP is the effective Federal tax rate for the whole economy and then get off telling other people that they're fact-impenetrable?

How about we stick to one bad argument for Obama at a time? Quit mixing his fail. One screw up at a time, please.

How about we stick to one bad argument for Obama at a time? Quit mixing his fail. One screw up at a time, please.

The tax point was about Reagan's tax increases (11 in all, what a Marxist), nothing to do with Obama. You must have acute Obama Derangement Syndrome. So sad.

^ How many of those jobs are temporary though? I think the stimulus numbers are inflated. Kind of like the unemployment rate, which is truly way higher than 8% or whatever they have it listed at right now.

Not good compared to other US recoveries

us_emploss_0812.jpg

But, huh, this wasn't a normal recession. Reagan had 10% unemployment during his first term, but that recession happened because Volcker decided to break the inflationary fever and raised interest rates sky high. Once the rates came down, the good times were back, and for almost 30 years

Why are the modern recoveries taking so much longer? The last four recoveries have taken longer than previous ones even though many of the previous dips were steeper...they recovered faster.

I don't really understand those other two charts -- seems like they should be telling the same story but in many of the cases they aren't. But what I really found interesting was the first thing I asked about.

Why are the modern recoveries taking so much longer? The last four recoveries have taken longer than previous ones even though many of the previous dips were steeper...they recovered faster.

I don't really understand those other two charts -- seems like they should be telling the same story but in many of the cases they aren't. But what I really found interesting was the first thing I asked about.

Good catch. Could it have to do with a more complex global economy?

Back