• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Siren at Drudge

DAILY CALLER: 'For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America'... Developing tonight...

Well that's pretty silly then. But if it's 40 min long, I don't see 40 min of it there.

Yeah, and there's nothing in there that is controversial enough(IMO) for a Drudge siren. The photo on Drudge's page is definitely from the linked speech though.

The current take is that the video was scrubbed, intentionally by somebody, to omit his more controversial remarks. We shall see. There is only 10 min of it posted on that website.

DAILY CALLER: 'For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America'... Developing tonight...

Oh my goodness.

But seriously, I am all for getting Romney to talk about race.

Last edited:
Here is the full text of the Hampton speech:

http://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dish/archive/2007/06/obama-and-poverty/227858/

And here is how it was described in the above link in 2007:

Notice the conservative pitch for a liberal policy. Obama focuses on young children and ex-offenders. His big government programs are all geared toward fostering conservative social behavior and opportunity. Who does this remind me of? George W. Bush, of course. The rhetoric at least. Perhaps the true legacy for compassionate conservatism will be in the Democratic Party. Anyway, here's the transcript. Worth reading in full:

Do conservatives REALLY want to make this about race? That just seems incredibly stupid. All the legit issues the man can be attacked on, and they're going back to race?

Do conservatives REALLY want to make this about race? That just seems incredibly stupid. All the legit issues the man can be attacked on, and they're going back to race?

Ultimately it will circle back to religion too. Not sure Romney should take that fight either.

Guy on CNN just made a good point. If this is what we all think it is, Romney should respond quickly to criticize anyone trying to make this about race. It could be a golden opportunity for Romney, just not the way one might expect.

Guy on CNN just made a good point. If this is what we all think it is, Romney should respond quickly to criticize anyone trying to make this about race. It could be a golden opportunity for Romney, just not the way one might expect.

That actually would be a good move

It means about as much as the ROmney tape from years ago where he said he didn't care about a percentage of the US. No-Story then and No-Story now.

I saw the clip on DailyCaller. The video seems to be much ado about nothing but...

What is up with that accent? That is weird.

Back