• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I hate being right (but thanks, Joe Biden).

Crickets. Did you piss everyone off or something?

Regardless, I love this quote -- "This is deadly earnest," Biden said. "How they can justify raising taxes on a middle class that has been buried the last four years? How in Lord's name can they justify raising their taxes with these tax cuts?"

I always wonder about the target audience. Everyone on this board (well.. maybe everyone) is sophisticated enough to know significant tax increases are required *on* the middle class to pay for all the goodies, but I'm never clear if the Dem's middle class audience gets that and is happy to oblige or if they're just math challenged and think the working middle will be spared or at worst their taxes will go up a only few extra dollars per payroll. Speaking for myself (two kids, ages 3 and 5), I'm wondering where the extra $300 - $500 / month will come from (personal worst case assuming the 1/1 cliff). Panera's going to take a hit when we have to bag that perk.

Crickets. Did you piss everyone off or something?

Regardless, I love this quote -- "This is deadly earnest," Biden said. "How they can justify raising taxes on a middle class that has been buried the last four years? How in Lord's name can they justify raising their taxes with these tax cuts?"

I always wonder about the target audience. Everyone on this board (well.. maybe everyone) is sophisticated enough to know significant tax increases are required *on* the middle class to pay for all the goodies, but I'm never clear if the Dem's middle class audience gets that and is happy to oblige or if they're just math challenged and think the working middle will be spared or at worst their taxes will go up a only few extra dollars per payroll. Speaking for myself (two kids, ages 3 and 5), I'm wondering where the extra $300 - $500 / month will come from (personal worst case assuming the 1/1 cliff). Panera's going to take a hit when we have to bag that perk.

Goodness knows I'm trying. They want nothing to do with Biden on the merits. Good God...he said the last four years. He's not even smart enough to get stolen lines right anymore.

But I'm gracious in victory. I'll throw them the occassional, ahem, bone. http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10/02/2385078/dog-in-cars-grill-survives-ride.html

Obama has written off NC? News to everybody else I guess. Most polls I have seen recently show him with a small lead here.

Obama has written off NC? News to everybody else I guess. Most polls I have seen recently show him with a small lead here.

Again, he sent Biden. Name the number of important projects he's put Biden on in the last four years. No clearer way to say he's cut bait then sending Joe.

Again, he sent Biden. Name the number of important projects he's put Biden on in the last four years. No clearer way to say he's cut bait then sending Joe.

Biden is a good campaigner. Believe what you want to believe.

Biden is a good campaigner. Believe what you want to believe.

I believe the guy just said the middle class just took it on the chin during the last four years. A below-average campaigner would not have said that. Then again, his base isn't exactly a discerning group.

Ywa, most of the polls show Obama with the lead here and you can't go 5 minutes without an Obama ad on TV, and Biden and Michelle Obama have regularly been in the state and the convention was here, but they are writing off the states.

Coocoo for Cocoa Puffs.

I believe the guy just said the middle class just took it on the chin during the last four years. A below-average campaigner would not have said that. Then again, his base isn't exactly a discerning group.

Ten bucks says jhmd would have started this thread if Biden had said the middle class hadn't been taking it on the chin the last four years.

Ten bucks says jhmd would have started this thread if Biden had said the middle class hadn't been taking it on the chin the last four years.

I only bet in 10,000 dollar increments.

#richpeopledontwritechecks

NC isn't that important for Obama's reelection chances. As 538 shows, it is around 10th on the tipping point list, meaning that if Obama wins NC, he's probably just padding his win margin.

Biden's just revealing himself to be the voice of Occupy inside the WH for the next four years. Geithner out!

NC isn't that important for Obama's reelection chances. As 538 shows, it is around 10th on the tipping point list, meaning that if Obama wins NC, he's probably just padding his win margin.

He's spending in NC to make Romney do some work there. It takes away from OH and FL for Romney.

There's nothing wrong with what Biden said.....this time....

Every gaffe you nerds get a chub over is one where the candidate is right and clearly understood by his audience, but you feel you've got a really neato soundbyte to 'gotcha' him with. Weak.

Back