• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is it with old people and this?

I love the way this board gets righteously indignant about the remotest hint of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. But ageism? Anyone over the age of 62 is fair game.

Right, but old people really DO suck

Shorty may be closing in on being old, but he's not quiet there.

Lots of butthurt in this post

I'm not old and I'm not "butthurt". I'm just calling many of you hypocrites.

Why is it OK to call old people, as a group, ignorant, idiots, etc.? Look back at some of the posts on this thread and imagine if they were made about an ethnic group. Or about gays. Even if they were made in jest, you guys would be calling for a lifetime ban of posters.

If we're lucky, all of us will be old someday. And hopefully, we'll have friends and family who value us and don't consider us idiots because of the dates on our birth certificates.

I'm not old and I'm not "butthurt". I'm just calling many of you hypocrites.

Why is it OK to call old people, as a group, ignorant, idiots, etc.? Look back at some of the posts on this thread and imagine if they were made about an ethnic group. Or about gays. Even if they were made in jest, you guys would be calling for a lifetime ban of posters.

If we're lucky, all of us will be old someday. And hopefully, we'll have friends and family who value us and don't consider us idiots because of the dates on our birth certificates.

People every day on this board say "that's gay" or make some joking racist comment. Nobody calls for lifetime bans. It's pretty clear on this thread that people are making fun of the old people who believe everything they get in an e-mail forward. NOT every single person over 62. Only the stupid racist ones.

Old people are dumb as shit mostly because old people grew up in a time where it was very easy to be indoctrinated by religion, second they are dumb as shit in comparison to generations that have easy access to information. Third the majority of the population of this country is dumb as shit because despite easy access to information nobody wants to form an opinion of their own so they latch on to talking points, email forwards, etc... In conclusion gay people, black people, asian people, hispanic people, old people, young people, straight people, etc... are for the most part really fucking dumb.

Old people are dumb as shit mostly because old people grew up in a time where it was very easy to be indoctrinated by religion, second they are dumb as shit in comparison to generations that have easy access to information. Third the majority of the population of this country is dumb as shit because despite easy access to information nobody wants to form an opinion of their own so they latch on to talking points, email forwards, etc... In conclusion gay people, black people, asian people, hispanic people, old people, young people, straight people, etc... are for the most part really fucking dumb.

Probably just a typo, but you included AZNs in your list of dumb groups. That's just factually incorrect.

If we're lucky, all of us will be old someday.

This is the key point. We'll all get old, so when we make fun of old people we're making fun of ourselves. It's pretty clearly exactly like black people calling each other the n-word. Plus, we will all get old, but we won't all get Asian, or get gay, or get woman. I take that back, teenage girls (and jhmd) sometimes get gay.

isnt stopping old people from voting the purpose of voter ID laws? man we need to pass those in all states.

This is the key point. We'll all get old, so when we make fun of old people we're making fun of ourselves. It's pretty clearly exactly like black people calling each other the n-word. Plus, we will all get old, but we won't all get Asian, or get gay, or get woman. I take that back, teenage girls (and jhmd) sometimes get gay.

Nice rationalization.

shoo doesn't understand because he is a gay boy that takes it in the can/mouth, so we can dismiss his opinion on anything.

What is is about these homos that keep telling me that they want to marry each other?????

What is it about these citizens of the USA who feel that they are having their rights abridged??????

LIke Shoo says, we should just pick a party and let them dictate to us what we can/should do...

We certainly should not let dissenting points of view out there...for god sake, they are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was making a joke, you old ass morons. Your complete lack of a sense of humor provides further evidence that you're old as the hills.

this is the stupid shit making the rounds on my facebook, as if Obama is directly responsible for the price of gas.
w200-140e8bd10842c324ab0e7228ed9db7f5.jpg

Shoosh true identity revealed after all these years-just what I suspected based on the intelligence level of your posts...
This is a good one:

Unemployment in 2007 when I left office was 4.7% and today almost 4 years later, unemployment is at 8.3%. 17 million were on food stamps when I left office and today 43 million people. Click "LIKE" and "SHARE" if you miss me yet
304874_390419117680246_986328004_n.jpg

Back