• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is it with old people and this?

Shooshmoo

Reaction score
"This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get.
It puts it into a much better perspective.

Lesson # 1:

* U.S.Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $16,000,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $160,000
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50"

I've seen this like 15 times recently from old people, including my parents, wife's parent, etc. Always sent with the "son, let's simplify this for you, this is all you need to understand. This and the fact that I used to walk a long way through the snow wherever I was going. Vote Romney/Ryan." tone. I see a family that needs to make more money and allow for some cuts on the portion of the family debt and budget spent on firearms.

Any other old people forwards you've seen recently?

Last edited:
old people are stupid; no reason an 80 yr old should be able to vote

Isn't about 20% of that $38K spent on keeping Grandma out of the grave?

Because old people have no concept of the difference between micro- and macro- economics?

It would appear that your lesson would indicate a need for both more revenue and more spending cuts to balance, perhaps the family could slow down the purchase of new guns since they already own more than all of there neighbors combined as a first spending step.

Ohhhhh boy, this could be a fun thread.

My mom :)rulz:) sent this gem to me, saying she found it "quite riveting" and "worth passing along."

Take time to watch this and see how US students are brainwashed by Islamic infiltration and how it is brought into the American education system. Pretty scary! Snopes says it is almost totally true.

http:/ /link.brightcove.c om/services/player/bcpid949801312001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACEco_Vk~,9bOat4XcfB_88ri1a3UMdKnLpH9aM8Fv&bclid=0&bctid=1271237687001

I love the Snopes qualifier. Almost every one of these says something about Snopes or Factcheck backing it up. I could not find anything remotely related to this on Snopes.

Last edited:
This is a good one:

Unemployment in 2007 when I left office was 4.7% and today almost 4 years later, unemployment is at 8.3%. 17 million were on food stamps when I left office and today 43 million people. Click "LIKE" and "SHARE" if you miss me yet
304874_390419117680246_986328004_n.jpg

I love the "Snopes says it is *almost* totally true" line.

My grandmother gets these emails all the time. Luckily she hates them, so she just complains to me about them instead of sending them along.

I do get all the ones about safety though, reminding me to be careful not to get kidnapped in a dark parking lot, or extolling the many ways I may be increasing my risk rate of getting cancer.

I like the ones that add a child to the mix for some emotional anguish - like those emails that circulated during the justification for war. "Timmy saw a man across the street punch a woman. Timmy cried, 'someone help!!! oh no!!! Why would the bad man do that?!' And just when the police came to stop the man they paused at his driveway. 'What are you waiting for?!! HELP HER!!!' cried Timmy. But the police just stood there watching the man hit the woman over and over again until she died. 'We're not allowed to help' the policeman quietly said through tears in his eyes. 'BUT WHY!?' sobbed Timmy. 'I don't know' said the police officer. 'I just don't know.'"

100 billion forwards.

I like the ones that add a child to the mix for some emotional anguish - like those emails that circulated during the justification for war. "Timmy saw a man across the street punch a woman. Timmy cried, 'someone help!!! oh no!!! Why would the bad man do that?!' And just when the police came to stop the man they paused at his driveway. 'What are you waiting for?!! HELP HER!!!' cried Timmy. But the police just stood there watching the man hit the woman over and over again until she died. 'We're not allowed to help' the policeman quietly said through tears in his eyes. 'BUT WHY!?' sobbed Timmy. 'I don't know' said the police officer. 'I just don't know.'"

100 billion forwards.

lol...what?

lol...what?

You haven't read any of those? Basically they take some scenario where we should be the police of the world and equate it to a kid watching some travesty unfold in his neighborhood while nobody intervenes. There were like 10 different versions and old people ate that shit up. I can't even remember if it was libs or cons arguing for intervention - probably both - but they were all dumb as hell.

You haven't read any of those? Basically they take some scenario where we should be the police of the world and equate it to a kid watching some travesty unfold in his neighborhood while nobody intervenes. There were like 10 different versions and old people ate that shit up. I can't even remember if it was libs or cons arguing for intervention - probably both - but they were all dumb as hell.

I don't get chain letter e-mails (I told my mom I was going to send her a virus if she sent that garbage to me), but that's...just...I don't even know.

There's a reason old people are targets for pyramid schemes and other scams. They're idiots. Especially when it comes to money.

I think that it is precious that Shoos parents and in laws still think that he is "salvageable."

We joke now, but some of our esteemed posters are only getting older. Heck, this looks like stuff Dirk posts already.

Back