• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Let's say your family makes $150,000/year and the difference is 4%. That's $6000. Other than MLM what can you start with $6000?

Remember you're going to have to take a loan and pay interest on the $6000 in April.

Unless your $6000 business is immediately profitable, how do you pay it off?

How many tiny businesses are immediately profitable (other than drug dealing)?

You aren't being realistic about business.

We aren't talking about individuals. We are talking about small businesses that are taxed as S Corps which are paid by the shareholders at their individual income tax rate. I'm not saying John smith is going to have 6K and start a food truck.

I've never seen more stuttering out of the president, or more fake smiling out of any two individuals.

Romney killing it with stats, regardless of their accuracy

Now that's funny....

He killing it...don't worry about the lies and BS....he's using numbers....that's all that counts.

Thanks for the laugh :)

That was an impressive ranting on Dodd Frank and its impact on the industry by Romney. Unfortunately for him, very very few people care, I believe.

I'll go back and watch that again. I have two questions though: (1) Can those negative impacts be pinned specifically on Dodd-Frank? (2) Are they consequences of Dodd-Frank being weaker with respect to enforcement than originally intended?

I also never said that I thought it would work. I said it was the one thing I could think of that could have an effect.

It's always funny to me that Romney correctly says that Obama made a mistake by coming into office and addressing health care instead of jobs then he comes back and says the first thing he'll do is repeal and replace Obamacare.

Obama is fumbling around describing Obamacare. Not instilling confidence. Romney already cut off the "it worked in MA" point.

I actually didn't like Mitt's answer on why MA was different than Obamacare. It seemed he didn't like the cuts (716) or that people would lose their insurance (20 million) but neither of those seem to counter that the plans are similar, just that there is a side effect to the plan.

"We didn't cut Medicare by $716MM, of course we didn't have Medicare, but we didn't do that"

Awesome.

tumblr_mbcitbkMH61rygapjo1_500.png

We aren't talking about individuals. We are talking about small businesses that are taxed as S Corps which are paid by the shareholders at their individual income tax rate. I'm not saying John smith is going to have 6K and start a food truck.

why would anyone want to listen to you, a tax lawyer? i mean what could you possibly know about taxes?

I don't think either of them are good on foreign policy, but Romney does suck on that topic.

Obama will have a far better mastery of the issues and facts. It's the nature of his job. Just like Romney should absolutely known economics and small businesses better than Obama.

Cleveland Clinic anecdote is misguided but 99% of those watching the debate will take it as truth. Cleveland Clinic is highly specialized (e.g cardiology, etc) and not your run of the mill urban hospital.

If only I could figure out which channels will expose Mitt and Obama's inaccuracies . . .

I'm reading the factcheck blog on both candidates stats. Romney and Obama are taking some serious liberties.

Back