• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Obama has still not looked him in the eye since the first 10 minutes. That will be talked about a lot tomorrow IMO.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner. USA citizens are too dumb to know what Dodd Frank is. Obama just talked about BUSH again. Consistent theme.

That was an impressive ranting on Dodd Frank and its impact on the industry by Romney. Unfortunately for him, very very few people care, I believe.

Sorry, we didn't know you were just drinkin' and havin' fun. Didn't seem like a fun post for someone who was drinkin'.

Dude, brah, I'm sorry I didn't clarify earlier to you and your brahs. I'm enjoying bourbon, wireless computer technology, the company here, and the debate.

Romney is winning the battle of impression. He looks impressive and even though he'll probably come out on the negative end of the fact checking over the next couple of days, the first impression of the debate is what matters to most voters. Obama is just being really defensive and making sure not to make a big mistake.

I'm reading the factcheck blog on both candidates stats. Romney and Obama are taking some serious liberties.

Can you check the fact that Jim Lehrer is terrible?

We aren't talking about individuals. We are talking about small businesses that are taxed as S Corps which are paid by the shareholders at their individual income tax rate. I'm not saying John smith is going to have 6K and start a food truck.

WTF are you talking about you said this:

" Originally Posted by DeaconCav06
Having cash on hand to invest during the year could lead to new business."

that isn't about businesses having more money.

You are changing the subject.

But let's change it. Let's say a company is making $500,000 of taxable income. A 10% cut = $50,000. If you hire someone, his pay comes off of your profits. If you spend it on advertising, it also comes off your taxable income.

If hiring that person at $50,000 makes sense or spending $50,000 on advertising or production when you have a taxable income of $500,000 at 35%, it makes sense if the taxes are 25%.

Either way you had the money all the time. IOf it makes business sense at 25%, it makes sense at 35%.

We aren't talking about 70% versus 25%.

Skins Obama looked at mitt; camera angle makes it look like he's just gazing into the crowd

Obama hammering Mitt on the he says he will do this

Is just opening himself up to the "Obama said he would do this and has had four years to do it."

Can't drop your right like that Barry.

Romney is winning the battle of impression. He looks impressive and even though he'll probably come out on the negative end of the fact checking over the next couple of days, the first impression of the debate is what matters to most voters. Obama is just being really defensive and making sure not to make a big mistake.

this is why I hate debates

Cleveland Clinic anecdote is misguided but 99% of those watching the debate will take it as truth. Cleveland Clinic is highly specialized (e.g cardiology, etc) and not your run of the mill urban hospital.

i lol'ed at this... they have more money than god. they better be good at everything they do

I agree with this. Although I do agree with Obama that Romney needs to be more specific. My HOPE is that romney does have a specific plan but he wants to be vague as to not alienate someone.

What does "the deductions disappear after that for high income people" mean?

Perhaps it's just my bias, but I find myself zoning out a bit when the President speaks and I listen to Romney. Force of personality.

Dammit - when will Obama say, "But what about the 47%?????"

I think the next debate should be held in a Jello wrestling pit.

my problem w/ romney is he is talking a LOT, but not telling me anything.

Back