• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

I don't really like the "is there a difference between you two?" theme of this debate. We know there are differences. The debate should be so the candidates can engage each other about these differences.

Obama has still not looked him in the eye since the first 10 minutes. That will be talked about a lot tomorrow IMO.

I don't think this will be discussed at all, I don't see why anyone would care.

Im sorry you're right. I don't know what I was thinking trying to argue with you when I said that the only scenario I could imagine where it MIGHT be helpful was X. I should never have argued with somebody as intelligent as you. I know by now that you are never wrong.
WTF are you talking about you said this:

" Originally Posted by DeaconCav06
Having cash on hand to invest during the year could lead to new business."

that isn't about businesses having more money.

You are changing the subject.

But let's change it. Let's say a company is making $500,000 of taxable income. A 10% cut = $50,000. If you hire someone, his pay comes off of your profits. If you spend it on advertising, it also comes off your taxable income.

If hiring that person at $50,000 makes sense or spending $50,000 on advertising or production when you have a taxable income of $500,000 at 35%, it makes sense if the taxes are 25%.

Either way you had the money all the time. IOf it makes business sense at 25%, it makes sense at 35%.

We aren't talking about 70% versus 25%.

my problem w/ romney is he is talking a LOT, but not telling me anything.

I missed a lot but according to CNN, Obama has talked 4 more minutes without telling you anything.

Why is Lehrer to Obama and Romney's left?

Damn. I cannot wait to see how MSNBC is going to explain away the soiled, YesWeCan! bed linens.

I don't really like the "is there a difference between you two?" theme of this debate. We know there are differences. The debate should be so the candidates can engage each other about these differences.

completely agree.

Romney is actually owning up to governing MA?

Romney should have responded with "What's the difference between me and you? About five bank accounts, three ounces and two vehicles.

im a little behind on the dvr, but did obama just bash lenders making bad loans that were essentially forced into doing by clinton?

oh Lord, here goes mittens.

Romney is killing Obama on substance but comes across as such a dick.

This is going to be the spin after the debate. Unless something changes between now and the end this isn't even a draw like so many recently have been.

Last edited:

This debate has been really poorly moderated, imo. Bad questions and poor control.

OK, I've now caught up by reading all 13 pages of posts.....though I haven't turned on my television or watched a minute of the debate. And, actually, I don't really understand why any of oyu have. As nearly as I can tell from reading all the posts, the posters who were already for Romney think Romney is winning the debate and the posters who were already for Obama think Obama is winning the debate. And that's about what is happening all over the country, I would imagine.

There is nothing that either candidate could have said tonight that would have caused me to even give a second thought to change my vote....and I'd bet that's the case for everyone on this board, it the truth is told.

I really don't see how even the most ardent Obama supporter can say that he's winning this debate.

We are not a nation that believes the same "God" leads us on. We are nation that believes everyone can believe or not believe in any deity.

Back