• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

I'll go back and watch that again. I have two questions though: (1) Can those negative impacts be pinned specifically on Dodd-Frank? (2) Are they consequences of Dodd-Frank being weaker with respect to enforcement than originally intended?

I can provide a better response tomorrow when I'm not watching the debates with a glass of wine. My opinion is that Dodd Frank is an example of politicians using a heavy hand to try to solve a problem they don't fully understand (or, at least, to create the imagine that they are solving the problem.) Not all of the negative impacts should be pinned on Dodd Frank, and some were necessary, but many I don't really get. As for (2), could you clarify? It seems pretty strong enough to me with respect to enforcement, but I think you know politics in general better than I do, so I'm not sure if there is an issue I'm unaware of.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner. USA citizens are too dumb to know what Dodd Frank is.

Totally disagree. Most people don't understand Dodd Frank because it is boring as hell, overly confusing, and there is absolutely no reason to subject yourself to it if you don't work in the industry.

This one is my favorite of the night

tumblr_mbck2k2EJ31rg2rf7o1_500.gif

Well, I guess Obama isn't an "awesome debater." Glad that's settled. Harder than it looks it seems.

Yup...and it was not so much that Romney won more than Obama lost. He was absolutely terrible tonight.

Geez, give Romney some credit. He's not the idiot BKF thinks he is. The guy is sharp. Obama, IMO, was intimidated. He isn't used to people being aggressive with him.

I have a question.

Where's my stuff?

Wolf's spin is hilarious. Obama had high expectations and Romney held is own. Jesus.

Good point that there wasn't enough 47% talk.

Back