• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Geez, give Romney some credit. He's not the idiot BKF thinks he is. The guy is sharp. Obama, IMO, was intimidated. He isn't used to people being aggressive with him.

I disagree, I think Mittens is an idiot. He just knows a lot about business.

Weak showing by the President. Romney is going to get murdered in fact check tomorrow. And who knew that a good debate was so intrinsically tied up in having a competent moderator? This was hard to watch.

Wolf's spin is hilarious. Obama had high expectations and Romney held is own. Jesus.

Good point that there wasn't enough 47% talk.

Was there any? I don't remember that being brought up at all

Does that mean Romney's prep was similar to Rocky's in Rocky IV?

Pretty much. I'm hoping Bill and Hillary do like Apollo in Rocky III and get Obama back on track.

Rachel Maddow said that you could only tell who won by time of possession (who spoke more).

Jesus, even MSNBC thinks Obama got slapped around

Romney won the debate, but I think neither came off as likeable. Lots of people will be holding their collective noses in the booth on November 7.

Rachel Maddow said that you could only tell who won by time of possession (who spoke more).

No way. I hate her so much. That's ridiculous. Obama needed to speak less, not more.

John King being an apologist. Gergin saying it's now a horse race and Romney drove the debate.

Obama phoned that shit in. Whoever prepped him for the debate did a shitty job. Then again, I don't think this was any game changer. Guess we'll see in the coming days though.

Chuck Todd on NBC:

"Every thing Romney needed to do tonight he did... He came across as someone who knew his stuff... He looked like a credible alternative... I think a big night for Romney and, all in all, the President's team is going to have to go back to the drawing board."

Dan Rather on NBC:

"Romney spent a lot of time preparing and it paid off... He was the candidate the Republican Party has been looking for the entire election... Tonight, probably, will gladden the hearts of a lot of Republicans. The big question is what it will do for the undecideds... Tonight was a big, big night for Governor Romney."

Ha. Al Sharpton talking about how state rights are going to hurt women and minorities and comparing it to the 19th century.

Back