• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

The only person who said that was Romney.

Have you been under a rock? I've seen dozens of proclamations that Obama would mop the floor with Romney in the debates.

By the way Sky...I have heard 3 different people on 3 different networks mention Obama looking down.

Obama phoned that shit in. Whoever prepped him for the debate did a shitty job. Then again, I don't think this was any game changer. Guess we'll see in the coming days though.

Totally looked like he thought he could just come in with little preparation and win. I expect a different Obama in debate #2, but who knows. Kinda reminded me of how LSU just showed up against Bama last year.

Likability might be less of an issue than usual. Romney came off as serious and focused.

Romney hit hard tonight but his facts are still not accurate at all. I can win a debate by making up facts too!!

I am re-watching and the second half hour, the PBS Liberal moderator continually talks over Romney. At first I thought no way I am hearing that, but Obama speaks and finishes - no worries. Romney STARTS talking and Jim Lehrer keeps saying "all right" "all right" to cut the guy off - RIGHT after he starts talking. Like 10 seconds after he starts talking - at least 4-5 times already.

I think the moderator was uncomfortable that anybody could POSSIBLY be challenging the almighty Obama. WTF?

This is the problem with a campaign that's in its death throes. This is a debate between a realist on one end and someone who will literally promise everything to everyone on the other. Lower taxes, maintained cuts, lower all rates, everything grows, reduce the deficit, perfect every law, everyone gets social security and health care, nothing changes for anyone, everyone gets a job, everything is cheaper, etc.

Snake oil salesman. Wonder how effective it'll be.

Numbers from a CNN undecideds focus group:

64% say 'stronger leader', 62% said better command of facts, 56% better vision

All of these numbers were about Romney.

Gregory, Todd, and Brokaw are not JSDing by any means.

Obama's biggest problem was he was he acted like a football coach. Football coaches try to avoid losing. That's what Obama did.

He let Romney off the hook on 47% and the $716B. Either he choked or was poorly prepared.

Chris Matthews is exactly right. Obama had so many opportunities to call Romney out. There were so many things he could attack him on and use against him but he never did. Obama let Romney win this thing. Frankly it was disappointing. Obama needs to come out swinging and KO Romney in the next debate. He's better than this.

Obama's biggest problem was he was he acted like a football coach. Football coaches try to avoid losing. That's what Obama did.

He let Romney off the hook on 47% and the $716B. Either he choked or was poorly prepared.

Is Biden Obama's Lobo?

Back