• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

mitt seems pissed he didn't know that he could have taken a tax break for shipping jobs overseas. I wonder how much $ he left on the table

"I had a friend say that you try to pick the winners and losers, but you only pick the losers."

I bet Mitt got a good laugh out of that one

The value of an investor who gets every trade wrong is the same as one who gets everything right.

Mitt has done his damn research and has been pretty impressive, but seems so over anxious while Obama is just a boss sitting back and resoundingly calmly

just the word entitlement gets me riled up

I came into this biased not particularly liking Romney. I think he's coming off more personal than Obama. Obama looks like he needs some coffee. Romney is coming off personably to me.

If you are undecided and are watching/learning about the candidates for the first time tonight without any pretext whatsoever, you're probably right.

Romney's winning, he may be a douche but if you spend your life running a PE firm you damn well better know your stuff.

i always thought a one-on-one debate would favor romney. obama does better with the sugar puff speeches with no retorts.

Reduced marginal tax rates encourage increased production, tax loopholes don't.

Serious question, not being argumentative - why would reduced marginal rates encourage increased production if the effective rate stays the same?

I heard multiple ads today that said either Romney or Obama would eviscerate Medicare.

Mitt has done his damn research and has been pretty impressive, but seems so over anxious while Obama is just a boss sitting back and resoundingly calmly

his "research" is total BS. You cut $5T in taxes and balance them with $5T in deductions without raising taxes on the middle class. That amount of deductions don't exist.

Romney's attention to detail thus far is impressive and (more importantly) Presidential. This is definitely the most detail-oriented debate that I can remember. It isn't just a bunch of soundbytes.

There's a clock behind Lehrer telling them how much time they have. Why?

Back