• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Debate Watching Thread

Obviously that's preposterous. But Juan did stump Coulter and Hannity today when he asked them to tell him one memorable thing that Romney said in the debate. They sputtered, and Juan said the only thing memorable was the Big Bird comment.

Boring not memorable but decisive win by Romney. Could be easily forgotten by events in the news cycle or the next debate.

DeacMan, I made the first Rocky comparison on this thread.

The wagons are circling but this debate will be remembered until the next one rolls along. And Obama is back on his $5 trillion tax cut talking point again. At some point the American people are just going to have to decide for themselves whether Romney was truthful about his clear statement that tax cuts can not raise the deficit. I don't even remember this $5 trillion business until last night, so it's hard to put it in to context for me. But as a tax payer I'd like a little of that relief. It's not going to happen but a boy can dream.

I would be embarrassed if I was in the DNC and produced that ad. Whiny to the max.

I honestly did not know which party put this ad out. For a second, I thought it was put out by the RNC to mock the notion that he is a bully. Nothing featured in that ad is going to turn off a neutral observer.

Stephanie Cutter or Cutler or whatever her name is was just about to break out crying on Erin Burnett's Out Front just now. Her entire neck turned this beat red as she tried desperately to lash out at Romney and she looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. Honestly, it was pretty damn pathetic.

Romney said he didn't know there are laws that give tax benefits for moving jobs overseas. I guess Charlie Sheen has never done drugs.

Are there regulations designed to give tax breaks for moving jobs overseas? There is a general rule that deals with all sorts of business costs to which deductions apply. But there is nothing specifically geared to moving jobs overseas - which is how the President tried to make it sound.

The lame platitudes were flying last night. But if that's all you've got in the tank you have to go with it.

Don't worry guys Maddow is taking the time to break down on her show what the outcome of all the elections were where the challenger won the first debate.

She can't actually say anything about the debate, she has to just point to historical trends. She's just so intolerably stupid.

So I see Romney has owned up to the 47% comment as flat out wrong. Its a good move for him, since now that the first debate is over and Obama never played this card, he really can't now. Though it is just another example of say whatever since right after the tape was release he doubled down on it.

Back