• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Free Birth Control = Fewer Abortions

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/study-free-birth-control-leads-fewer-abortions-210623724.html

Shocking I know, but...

"The project tracked more than 9,000 women in St. Louis, many of them poor or uninsured.

There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women."

Well sounds to me if people who are pro-life believe that abortion is murder, then they should be in favor of Obama's plan for free birth control. I mean obviously preventing one murder is well worth the cost of giving up the completely archaic notion of abstinence-only thought. Health care companies should be required to give out free birth control if it drives down the murder rate.

The GOP should be jumping all over free birth control. Of course they won't, but they should be if they truly believe abortion is murder.

Are some uber pro-life folks believe birth control is just as bad as abortion.

I understand that mandatory vasectomy = 0 abortions.

It's not a moral issue at all to me. Since the taxpayer will foot the bill for this one way or the other, the question is which is cheaper, to pay for birth control or abortions?

Not to mention all of the welfare dollars birth control will save, not to mention abortions.

Oh and just shocking that the mouth-breathing social conservatives on this thread have countered with vasectomies abstinence. Do you people understand basic human behavior at all?

I don't know anyone that is against condoms.

http://news.yahoo.com/study-free-birth-control-leads-fewer-abortions-210623724.html

Shocking I know, but...

"The project tracked more than 9,000 women in St. Louis, many of them poor or uninsured.

There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women."

Well sounds to me if people who are pro-life believe that abortion is murder, then they should be in favor of Obama's plan for free birth control. I mean obviously preventing one murder is well worth the cost of giving up the completely archaic notion of abstinence-only thought. Health care companies should be required to give out free birth control if it drives down the murder rate.

The GOP should be jumping all over free birth control. Of course they won't, but they should be if they truly believe abortion is murder.

Honest question. Does Planned Parenthood give free birth control pills to low income women?

A drug in the drinking water which is a combination drug that renders both male and females sterile. To get pregnant both participating parties must take an inhibitor which blocks the drug. This inhibitor is free, this inhibitor is available without a prescription, this inhibitor can be picked up at any grocery store as well as sent through the mail. There is nothing preventing you from taking the drug inhibitor or getting your hands on it, you don't even need an ID.

Thinking, I'd sign on to that. But I'm also big on world zero population growth.

Attitude, not only welfare but also a decreased crime rate if you believe the Freakonomics guys.

A drug in the drinking water which is a combination drug that renders both male and females sterile. To get pregnant both participating parties must take an inhibitor which blocks the drug. This inhibitor is free, this inhibitor is available without a prescription, this inhibitor can be picked up at any grocery store as well as sent through the mail. There is nothing preventing you from taking the drug inhibitor or getting your hands on it, you don't even need an ID.

Sounds pretty dystopian

That'd be great if you could ensure free and open access to the inhibitor, but you know that shit would get restricted to certain populations and eventually sold on the black market etc.

Tell you 1 group that would love Thinking's idea - famous athletes and entertainers. They'd have much less child support to pay.

I would be curious as to know the mode of sterilization.

Back