• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US jobless rate falls to 7.8 pct., 44-month low

Seasonal job projection are up as well. Though they impact figures differently than full time FTE figures, most seasonal employers this year are indicating they will be hiring more workers than the last several years

Black helicopters and tin foil.

If this EXACT SAME report indicated unemployment was up, you guys would be citing as as more failure of the administration.

I don't think this does much to the election at this point. This month, the job numbers are a little better than expected for Obama. Last month, it came out that the numbers for August were not as good as expected, and that didn't hurt Obama's poll numbers. I believe most folks took at longer trends and aren't basing their votes on August and September job numbers unless those numbers are really dramatic, which they haven't been. The debates will affect the poll numbers more than this, especially if Romney/Ryan go 4-0.

dammit someone beat me to the "skins links entire post" tag. well done.

Great news...always love to see this rate falling.

I don't know that these numbers really mean all that much, though I think things are probably slowly, but gradually, getting a little better. We could have made much more progress much more quickly if the President had had any cooperation from the Republicans in Congress. And the irony is that it was their policies during the eight years before Obama was elected that created much of this mess in the first place. The real shame is that the Republicans in the House have made it their policy to refuse to participate in any effort to solve the problems we have. They are an ideological, spiteful group of people who should never have been placed in office in the first place. That is where the real problem lies. Hopefully, some of the voters have realized this by now and will try to make amends in November.

So, in other words, it is Bush's fault.

I know exactly when the reports are supposed to come out. I'm referring to the fact that we have had 43 straight months of unemployment above 8% and now 1 month before the election, in the last jobs report that matters, it finally falls below 8%.

the overall trend for many months has been the decline of the jobless rate. sucks that it has taken this long to decline, but its hardly curious that it continues to drop.

I know exactly when the reports are supposed to come out. I'm referring to the fact that we have had 43 straight months of unemployment above 8% and now 1 month before the election, in the last jobs report that matters, it finally falls below 8%.

it's not like it dropped from 9% to 7.8%, It was at 8.1% in August and after adjustments more people found work in the last few months. If there were improvements than dropping to 7.8% is a logical thing to happen, not some grand conspiracy by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to impact the election.

what is your point dude? The omnipotent Obama has manipulated the results? Why not just manipulate them last month and make them, oh I don't know, 6.5% and go play golf instead of campaigning?

Back