• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Science Comm. member calls science "Lies straight from the pits of hell"

Well, we have come a long way with the hate towards skin color( not long enough) so hopefully reading can cure the ignorant.

You are way more hopeful than I. We're actually regressing when it comes to teaching science. Remember that Scopes was found guilty. Do you recall what actually brought an end to teaching creationism in schools across the country? It wasn't Spencer Tracy. It was the Cold War and space race. We had to beat the Soviets. And that's when we stopped teaching that shite. But now that the evil empire has fallen, and the only real rival we have is some fundamentalist Muslims who are more backwards than our fundamentalists, you've seen a push by these idiots over the last decade or so to once again start teaching creationism, er intelligent design, in our schools.

For those of you on Facebook, I highly recommend the page "I fucking love science" to counter the kind of ignorance that certain members of the GOP have displayed. Its highly entertaining.

Most physicians are not scientists. But the vast majority do not stand against "science", regardless of their theological persuasions. This guy is an embarrassment to both physicians and Christians, IMO.

Most physicians are not scientists. But the vast majority do not stand against "science", regardless of their theological persuasions. This guy is an embarrassment to both physicians and Christians, IMO.

I agree...doctors and scientists are definitely not the same.

Georgia has been feeling nervous about its claim to Stupidest Fucking Politicians ever since Arizonans could spell "Arpaio." Broun to the rescue.

a spokeswoman for Broun, Meredith Griffanti tells CNN Broun will not comment on his remarks. But she added that they weren't meant for public consumption and that Broun was “speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.” The church group posted a publicly available video of his full speech on YouTube after the event.
:confused:

Meh. The guy believes in Jesus. Let it go already.

Which is an improvement over Mitt Romney, amirite?

But seriously, do you still think my show isn't important? When people believe this foolishness and vote for people that believe this foolishness? We have a long way to go in educating people, and we need more money, not less.

Broun's buddy Todd Akin hits the news again. This time evolution is the target.

“I’ve taken a look at both sides of the thing and it seems to me that evolution takes a tremendous amount of faith,” Rep. Todd Akin said in audio of the event obtained by Think Progress. “To have all of the sudden all the different things that have to be lined up to create something as sophisticated as life, it takes a lot of faith.”

“I don’t see it as even a matter of science because I don’t know that you can prove one or the other,” he explained. That’s one of those things. We can talk about theology and all of those other things but I’m basically concerned about, you’ve got a choice between [Democratic Sen.] Claire McCaskill and myself.”

Broun's buddy Todd Akin hits the news again. This time evolution is the target.

“I’ve taken a look at both sides of the thing and it seems to me that evolution takes a tremendous amount of faith,” Rep. Todd Akin said in audio of the event obtained by Think Progress. “To have all of the sudden all the different things that have to be lined up to create something as sophisticated as life, it takes a lot of faith.”

“I don’t see it as even a matter of science because I don’t know that you can prove one or the other,” he explained. That’s one of those things. We can talk about theology and all of those other things but I’m basically concerned about, you’ve got a choice between [Democratic Sen.] Claire McCaskill and myself.”

These strike me as pretty benign remarks in the scheme of things.

These strike me as pretty benign remarks in the scheme of things.

Right. Because he's only insulting people with a scintilla of intelligence, not insulting people who have been through a traumatic experience. So I guess he's getting better.

Right. Because he's only insulting people with a scintilla of intelligence, not insulting people who have been through a traumatic experience. So I guess he's getting better.

You do realize it is still referred to as the THEORY of evolution, right?

You do realize it is still referred to as the THEORY of evolution, right?

And there is more than 150 years' worth of testable, observable, replicable data in support of it.

Also, that word... theory... it does not mean what you think it means. Context.

Back