• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BKF

EatLeadCommie

Tommy Elrod
Reaction score
I told you I'd wait until October and see what the unemployment numbers were. At under 8%, I'm a bit reluctant, but given the debate bounce and that the unemployment numbers are obviously cooked and will motivate the base, I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

$100 to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation if Romney wins.
$100 to a charity of your choice that isn't some kind of liberal bullshit if Obama wins.
If there is a split and one of them wins the popular vote but loses the electoral vote, we are both losers and will therefore both give $100 to the charity of our choice.

When you said Greenpeace and PETA before, I thought you were joking. Something apolitical like a cancer charity would be preferable. When I run for office as a member of the Nazi Party, my donations to Greenpeace and PETA will undermine my Nazi cred.

How about you both pick the same charity, such as the Wounder Warrior Project or the Piccolo Fund.

ASPCA is my choice out of those four.

This is between you and ELC, but your choice surprises me given your many posts in which you refer to Americans killed or wounded in Iraq as "America's treasure." I'm all for treating animals ethically, but you'd rather the money goes there than to program whose purpose is to help wounded vets? Really?

Just my two cents and that's all I'll post on this.

It never dawned on me that the act of treating animals ethically should be considered to be a political issue.

Dude, it's PETA and Greenpeace. We're talking paint on fur coats and being dipshits to whaling ships. There is a difference between saving dogs and being assholes.

But hey, Greenpeace did at least inspire one of my favorite hair metal songs and riffs. You can add White Lion to Cinderella in terms of your favorite bands. Vito Bratta was always a badass on guitar...

Does anyone else find it ironic that someone who assails Mitt Romney's charitable donations because they don't go to charities he approved of, gets a little butt hurt that someone does the same to his list of proposed charities?

churches are definitely not charity.

they might do some charitable things, but they certainly are not charities

*but maybe you were making the organized religion and compulsive lying connection

Last edited:

they might do some charitable things, but they certainly are not charities

*but maybe you were making the organized religion and compulsive lying connection

ninja edit?

True, churches in and of themselves are not charities, but neither are PETA, Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, or NPR, but they are all non-profit organizations, which is what matters in the view of the IRS. Most churches engage in charity (and all should in a much more significant manner).

not sure if that was a parry but I never said those orgs were charities, either.

Back