• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things are getting interesting in Venezuela

In a free and fair election Capriles wins this thing...should be interesting to see how this plays out.
You might be right but I tend to think Chavez will win tonight and would win even in a fair election.
Some recent polls gave Chavez a lead of about 10 percentage points, while others put the two candidates about even.
Chavez still has a lot of support among the poor.
One pro-Chavez voter, private bodyguard Carlos Julio Silva, said that whatever his faults, Chavez deserves to win for spreading the nation’s oil wealth to the poor with free medical care, public housing and other government largess..

Same shit, different year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a revolt. Chavez is bad news.

BKF is like the kiss up in Sunday School who answers every question "Jesus". Except his go to answer is "....and George Bush never becomes president and wrecks our economy and kills billions of people and tax dollars". Bush has zero to do with the Venezuela elections. Focus Bob.

Anyone who thought this election was ever in doubt should have their head examined. You have a man who can use the federal coffers to fund his own election, and who controls the state run media. If there is a particular barrio that he wants to swing his way come election time he just buys their votes with the government's money.

Chavez will stay in power until he dies.

Anyone who thought this election was ever in doubt should have their head examined. You have a man who can use the federal coffers to fund his own election, and who controls the state run media. If there is a particular barrio that he wants to swing his way come election time he just buys their votes with the government's money.

Chavez will stay in power until he dies.

300px-081131-F-7734Q-001.jpg

Bob, gravity is also incontrovertible, and has just as much place being discussed on this thread.

I thought he already passed a law making him dictator for life several years ago. I guess they still go through the charade of an election.

Any chance the UN sends in international observers to review the election?

Rumor is Chavez got a lot consultations from GOP governors on how to suppress the legitimate voting.

Why does the truth bother some of you so much?

Why do you feel the need to spread "the truth" to everyone whether they solicit it or not? In my eyes that's no different than the door to door bible thumpers that spread the word of God when I simply don't give a fuck to hear it.

It has nothing to do with the truth. You look for any opportunity to hijack a thread to give us "the world according to bkf" spiel, which we all know already.

Look, LK, I'm responding to people who are griping about "fair elections" and complaining because they didn't like who won an election in another country. I didn't initiate those discussions. I merely responded to what another poster had said about them. I don't really give a fuck whether you like it or not. If you don't want to read my posts...which have been legitimite responses to a quoted post from another poster...put me on ignore. I don't give a damn one way or the other.

I don't put people on ignore. Only chickenshit pussies do that.

It's a current political topic.

It's no different than when Dodo tries to take any thread subject and fold it into his libertarian nirvanna spiel.

Last edited:
Why do you feel the need to spread "the truth" to everyone whether they solicit it or not? In my eyes that's no different than the door to door bible thumpers that spread the word of God when I simply don't give a fuck to hear it.

This is the irony of BFK's crusade. He has become that which he detests. As if Bible thumpers don't believe they are giving people 'the truth' when they knock on your door.

Back