• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Romney Foreign Policy Speech

You mean like how Fast and Furious went back to Holder even though it was stopped before he knew about it?

Romney is going about this whole campaign wrong. If he simply challenged and beat Putin in an arm wrestling match he'd sweep all 50 states.

Romney is going about this whole campaign wrong. If he simply challenged and beat Putin in an arm wrestling match he'd sweep all 50 states.

Why would he risk getting a karate chop to the neck?

Cause he's going to lose because he comes off as a pansy. Rile up America by saying we wouldn't have to spend so much on military if Russia would do their part. They've been pussies for far too long. Care more about looking badass in a photo op than being badass by killing some terrorists. Then call out Putin for the arm wrestling match.

Sounds funny, but guarantees himself as the next commander in chief.

Murica.

Let me get this right....this guy:

1343574842214.cached.jpg

needs to challenge this guy:

6a00e54efdf11288330167636ea71b970b-500wi

To an arm wrestling match? And that will secure the presidency?

23114149.jpg

I'm saying he shoulda been working out the past 2 years to prepare for such a thing, that would have been my strategy.

I'm saying he shoulda been working out the past 2 years to prepare for such a thing, that would have been my strategy.

Putin would kick both their asses. An arm wrestling match between Romney and Obama would be tight. I'd give the nod to Obama even though he throws a baseball like a girl.

Romney and Obama could challenge each other to their respective favorite sports. Obama would school Romney in 1-on-1 hoops, and Romney would take down Obama in... um... skeet shooting? Cross-country skiing? Croquet?

Romney and Obama could challenge each other to their respective favorite sports. Obama would school Romney in 1-on-1 hoops, and Romney would take down Obama in... um... skeet shooting? Cross-country skiing? Croquet?

Equestrian.

Romney didn't participate...he hired people to do it for him.

here is Conor Freidersdorf's takedown of Romney's speech: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/mitt-romneys-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-foreign-policy-speech/263369/

I like this paragraph:

"It is the responsibility of our president to use America's great power to shape history -- not to lead from behind, leaving our destiny at the mercy of events," he said,* giving voice to the mistaken premise that made Dick Cheney and Joe Lieberman allies. Anyone running for president ought to know that the president's actual responsibilities were set forth in the Constitution. That document was written long before America became a hegemon. Its signatories wisely and explicitly rejected the notion that a single man ought to be charged with shaping history. You'd think that the Iraq War would've served as a reminder that hubristic men who think they can shape history almost always fail miserably. But Romney mentioned Iraq only briefly, insisting we should've stayed longer. He doesn't realize or won't admit that occupying foreign countries makes America more rather than less vulnerable to uncontrollable events.

Back