• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Romney Foreign Policy Speech

give us your comments, jhmd. be sure to wipe your mouth first

*edit - I don't have time to listen to him bullshit about ramping up the navy while cutting the debt blah blah and all that. what did he say of any import?

Last edited:
Let's see - proxy war with Iran - check
unspecific plan on Iran nuclear weapon - check
more ships and subs costing taxpayers billions while cutting medicare and medicaid - check

Last edited:
Jesus, can we please stop spending far more than we need to on the military? No nation is going to fuck with us, can we please stop being paranoid about that?

RedDawnTeaserPoster.jpg

That Red Dawn remake didn't come out yet, did it? I might lose it in my shorts in the theater if I see Tyra from FNL scantily clad with an AR-15.

I think it's yet another game changer - one that will squarely focus the upcoming foreign policy debate and will paint a stark contrast between Romney and Obama.

So another game-changer? Meaning this is good for Obama? How many game changers is one allowed?

Well in Boca Raton, Mitt said he would kick the can down the road on the Israeli/Palestinian problem. Today he said he'd be proactive. WHICH MITT?

Demanding all NATO nations spend a certain minimum on defense. I'm not sure if the laughing in Berlin. Paris, Oslo and other places has stopped yet.

He said the risk of AQ is higher now than when Obama took office. Ask OBL, al Alaki and other dead guys if they think so.

He also spoke of "no flexibility with Vladimir Putin". Right, he won't even be a burp for Putin.

There's more but once again "all hat and no cattle".

That Red Dawn remake didn't come out yet, did it? I might lose it in my shorts in the theater if I see Tyra from FNL scantily clad with an AR-15.

IMDB says in Theaters on 11/21 this year.

From Wiki

The remake was announced in May 2008 and went into production in September 2009. The film was originally scheduled to be released on November 24, 2010, but was shelved due to maker Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's (MGM) financial troubles. The invading army was changed from Chinese to North Korean in post-production. FilmDistrict picked up the U.S. distribution rights in September 2011 and set a November 21, 2012 release date.

Well in Boca Raton, Mitt said he would kick the can down the road on the Israeli/Palestinian problem. Today he said he'd be proactive. WHICH MITT?

Demanding all NATO nations spend a certain minimum on defense. I'm not sure if the laughing in Berlin. Paris, Oslo and other places has stopped yet.

He said the risk of AQ is higher now than when Obama took office. Ask OBL, al Alaki and other dead guys if they think so.

He also spoke of "no flexibility with Vladimir Putin". Right, he won't even be a burp for Putin.

There's more but once again "all hat and no cattle".

Should we ask Christopher Stevens too?

With respect to the clearly coordinated incidents, I think AQ still represents a great threat. Unfortunately, someone was asleep at the wheel and we lost an ambassador because of it. I am perfectly willing to give the Administration credit for its successes in these areas, but I don't for a second believe that the threat from radical Islamists/terrorists is less now than it has been.

Nobody was asleep at the wheel in Benghazi. AQ got lucky that they got some cover from the other events.

Nobody was asleep at the wheel in Benghazi. AQ got lucky that they got some cover from the other events.

hahahahaha.

This admin is looking more and more like Baghdad Bob with each passing day.

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. If it is true that Stevens requested more protection and instead we pulled forces from his detail then we aided in AQ's opportunity. Does this go back to Obama? At this point probably not, but the story is not finished. The only thing we know at this point is that someone will get burnt for Steven's death if we did leave him without sufficient protection in a hostile area.

I also give BO a ton of credit for his foreign policy success, but if we give him credit, he also deserves blame. He can't take credit for Bin Laden and not take the blame for Stevens. That is the reality of being in charge.

Back