• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pew has Romney up by 4!

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
:eek:

In the first national poll to be conducted entirely after the opening presidential debate, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney now leads President Barack Obama by 4 points.

The poll, conducted by Pew Research Center from Thursday through Sunday and released on Monday, shows Romney leading Obama among likely voters nationwide, 49 percent to 45 percent. That’s a stark contrast from Pew’s mid-September poll after both parties’ conventions, which showed Obama up 8 points among likely voters.
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/pew-romney-leads-by-4-in-post-debate-survey.php

tumblr_mb7a46F8fG1ri08goo1_500.gif

Function of the people polled

Likely voters
Oct
R 392
D 361
I 328

Sep
R 665
D 803
I 661

I don't think anybody feels party id has shifted to that extent in the last month. The vagaries of polling.

That debate turned out to be a disaster. I have no idea what Obama was thinking. When he was saying stuff like he and Romney basically have the same view of Social Security- WTF? He should have demonized Romney. Meanwhile Romney came out swinging. Obama just seemed uninformed and tired. He better HAMMER Romney in the next two and quit with this Mr. Nice Guy bullshit. Give people a reason to vote for him.

You should see the REAL polls Romney has.

romney's chance of winning on intrade.com has shot from 22% before the debate to 36%. crazy.

The polls are going to go all over the place this month. We have debates, national and world issues that could sway this any direction. But I think the numbers on independents can not be discounted. Dems are dems and pubs are pubs... it's that third of the republic that is independent that pundits always tell us must be targeted. At this point the nod goes to Romney.

Reminds me of the old SNL sketch of the Bush-Dukakis debate with Jon Lovitz as Dukakis, in the Obama role:

Diane Sawyer: You still have a minute-twenty, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Well, more has to be done, sure. But the programs we have in place are doing the job, so let's keep on track and stay the course.

Diane Sawyer: You have fifty seconds left, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Let me sum up. On track, stay the course. Thousand points of light.

Diane Sawyer: Governor Dukakis. Rebuttal?

Michael Dukakis: I can't believe I'm losing to this guy!

Reminds me of the old SNL sketch of the Bush-Dukakis debate with Jon Lovitz as Dukakis, in the Obama role:

Diane Sawyer: You still have a minute-twenty, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Well, more has to be done, sure. But the programs we have in place are doing the job, so let's keep on track and stay the course.

Diane Sawyer: You have fifty seconds left, Mr. Vice-President.

George Bush: Let me sum up. On track, stay the course. Thousand points of light.

Diane Sawyer: Governor Dukakis. Rebuttal?

Michael Dukakis: I can't believe I'm losing to this guy!

I remember that sketch. Funny stuff. And he lost anyway. The tank was his undoing.

Romney up ten percent chance to win in a week on 538, as well as up 17.4 in total electoral votes in a week.

The debate did wonders. Unfortunately for him Obama is going to come out firing in the town hall and Romney's short run will abruptly end.

Numbers, unfortunately Obama is still at about 75% chance to win. Even with that huge swing he's still a huge underdog.

This is just adorable. I so look forward to the town hall. Seriously. I think the theme will be "lie really loud." It's going to be fun. Who is the moderator?... good luck with that task.

LANSING — Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s strong performance in his first debate with President Barack Obama helped him trim Obama’s lead in Michigan to three percentage points, a poll released today to the Free Press shows.

Obama’s 10 percentage point lead (47%-37%) in a poll conducted last month by EPIC-MRA of Lansing dropped to 3 points (48% to 45%), according to the poll of 600 likely voters conducted by EPIC-MRA of Lansing. The gap between Romney and Obama was within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Undecided voters shrank from the September survey’s 16% to just 7%.

Back