• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday's Debate: Discussion Thread

I would just like to be proactive and speak for Go. If Romney tomorrow or Obama next week is perceived to be the winner, it will be because the liberal media declared it so to even the score. So Go, no reason to post that tomorrow night.

angry-biden.jpg
smugryan.jpg

Expecting Ryan to make some douchebag remark and instantly regret it when Biden jumps podiums.

I appreciate your willingness to be honest about your opinion (say hi to BeachBumDeac for me, will ya?), but betwixt the debate debacling and what is fairly evidently a dishonest (at best) accounting of the murder for four Americans in Libya, I think people are getting the excuses they've been looking for to abandon the S.S. Hope&Change.

Romney is putting his best foot forward right about the time that Obama is stumbling. Lots of miles left to go, in my opinion.

All that may be true, but can Romney win Ohio? The answer: No.

I hope he tries to do the math....CNN reported that if you closed all tax loopholes (including mortgage interest, charitable donations and others), it would only total $1.7 T over ten years. Thus the only way not to explode the deficit would be to raise taxes on the middle class.

I would be interested to know what they consider a "tax loophole", because Obama and Romney (and apparently now CNN) throw it around like there is a commonly understood definition. I am unfortunately forced to read portions of the Internal Revenue Code every day. There are an ungodly amount of factors taken into account for purposes of calculating taxable income, but I don't think I've ever seen the word "loophole" anywhere in the Code or any Regulations. What constitutes a loophole versus a deduction or credit or nonrecognition event? Tough to believe any type of forecast statistic when there is no common understanding of the underlying elements.

I would be interested to know what they consider a "tax loophole", because Obama and Romney (and apparently now CNN) throw it around like there is a commonly understood definition. I am unfortunately forced to read portions of the Internal Revenue Code every day. There are an ungodly amount of factors taken into account for purposes of calculating taxable income, but I don't think I've ever seen the word "loophole" anywhere in the Code or any Regulations. What constitutes a loophole versus a deduction or credit or nonrecognition event? Tough to believe any type of forecast statistic when there is no common understanding of the underlying elements.

Good point.

I expect a good show. Biden is very smart but a bit of a loose cannon. I think Ryan will be hurt by high expectations.

I think tonight is going to be fascinating for no other reason than I have no idea what to expect from Biden. Is he going to try and be the hero? If so, that is really walking a tightrope, because aggressive Joe can quickly become loose-cannon Joe, and Axelrod & Co. are clearly not going to want that. At the same time, if he plays it close to the vest, he runs the risk of compounding Obama's mistakes from last week.

This is definitely must-see TV.

I think tonight is going to be fascinating for no other reason than I have no idea what to expect from Biden. Is he going to try and be the hero? If so, that is really walking a tightrope, because aggressive Joe can quickly become loose-cannon Joe, and Axelrod & Co. are clearly not going to want that. At the same time, if he plays it close to the vest, he runs the risk of compounding Obama's mistakes from last week.

This is definitely must-see TV.

Shoulda been on last night. Competing with football is a bad plan.

It sounds like Biden is actually doing some serious preparation, unlike someone else. :squint:

At 30 seconds into the vid below he says he wants to be sure he doesn't let Ryan off the hook- I guess that's why he's reading his book.

In that first video why in the world did they mention that Biden has been fueling up on 'Gatorade and Animal Crackers'?

Is that code for something?

Ryan is such a smug little wuss. His arrogance will do him in

Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah...it was the same line used over and over again by Tea Party people about Obama. Seems all partisan people think the opposing candidate is arrogant. Disagreeing with confidence seems to be an impossible trait for both Obama and Ryan.

You can't be this far gone.

I really don't understand what that means? Seriously....

Scroll to the 2:05 mark.

'he's been fueling up on gatorade and animal crackers'

I am so confused. Why would that be newsworthy? It just seemed so odd to say that in the middle of a serious news story. Am I missing something?

In that first video why in the world did they mention that Biden has been fueling up on 'Gatorade and Animal Crackers'?

Is that code for something?

It is. But we can't tell you. Sorry, dems only in this club.

Back