• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday's Debate: Discussion Thread

Pay some taxes and get back to me Big Ass Bird... we should put you out on the last remaining ice flow for the polar bears.

Does anyone know the altitude above mean sea level for this debate?

I saw a survey where most people expected Biden to lose. It'll be interesting to see how he does. I expect him to have a firm grasp of the issues and be tough on Ryan. I think he's gonna win.

Thursday night Ryan is going to deport Dora the Explorer and make Diego C Block's bitch.

happythanksgiving6vd.jpg

It will be interesting to see how Biden handles someone he can consider his intellectual equal. You know, as opposed to Captain Clown Shoes from 2008.

Ryan is already crying. He's saying Obama/Biden's strategy is to call Romney/Ryan liars. Awwwwww, those meanies calling you out for lying? The truth hurts.

Ryan is already crying. He's saying Obama/Biden's strategy is to call Romney/Ryan liars. Awwwwww, those meanies calling you out for lying? The truth hurts.

You mean lying like this?

Times are getting even tougher for the floundering Obama campaign. On the heels of a poor showing in the debate against Mitt Romney, President Obama is being called out for stretching the truth that a recent study shows that, in order to finance his tax plan, Mitt Romney will have to raise taxes on middle class Americans. The worst part is that he is being called out by one of the authors of the study itself.

The Obama Campaign send out a press release to the media on Sunday, saying:

“Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000,”

Yet, truth be told, Princeton economist Harvey Rosen and Martin Feldstein didn’t look at families making between $100,000 and $200,000. They looked at families making $100,000 and then took a second group of people making just over $200,000, yet the second group contained the first group. Rosen did not separate the two for the purposes of the study.

Rosen sent an e-mail to the Weekly Standard saying that he felt the Obama Campaign misrepresented his paper not just on a micro level but in a broader context also.

Rosen’s e-mail said:

“I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/357316/pri...of-mitt-romneys-tax-plan/#11RxRFfJMaiCMGRL.99

I really think Biden will do well, the moderator will protect him and he'll declare victory.

Biden is a pretty good debater. He's the one who gave us the commentary on Guliani's sentence structure (a noun, a verb and 9/11).

If the 'pubs can get a few hotties in the front couple of rows, it might throw Joe off his game. also, any time he starts speaking off the cuff, it will be a win for Ryan.

Joe is an idiot.

I really think Biden will do well, the moderator will protect him and he'll declare victory.

Thanks, we hadn't gotten a "blame the media" post from you in a couple of days.

I don't know how he will do in the debate (and this really has nothing to do with this thread) but Biden comes off really well in Woodward's latest book.

Joe is not an idiot, it's an idiotic statement to say so. He is inarticulate at times, and too emotional. But he's basically a good guy who knows a lot, and who has been in Washington longer than he should be.

Joe is not an idiot, it's an idiotic statement to say so. He is inarticulate at times, and too emotional. But he's basically a good guy who knows a lot, and who has been in Washington longer than he should be.

Exactly. Anyone who has ascended to where he has in life and remained there for decades is far from an idiot. Sometimes people are in over their heads or not as smart as their desired position calls for (Sarah Palin), but that doesn't make them an idiot.

Back