• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Romney flip flop about abortion Plus Mother of Libya victim pissed at Romney

But you have to expect that from a politician.

Similar to the "I met this half Latino lady in padunky, ohio a week ago and she grabbed my arm and said 'Mitt - the middle class can't take four more years of bad leadership'. It was at that moment I knew the nation needed me". We hear this crap all the time. Shouldn't be that surprising. I bet both candidates use the fake sympathetic person strategy at least 5 times in the next debate.

It's not surprising, but you're not seeing the differences. 1) He's comparing himself to a Navy Seal who heroically died trying to save people (and, in the line above, subtly implying that Obama is not American -- or not a true American); 2) after hammering the administration on its handling of Libya, he's using this fake remembrance to not so subtly imply that the administration's handling is the reason for the Seal's death; 3) He fake cried; 4) we also happen to now know the truth about this one and how full of shit he is.

Last edited:
It's not surprising, but you're not seeing the differences. 1) He's comparing himself to a Navy Seal who heroically died trying to save people (and, in the line above, subtly implying that Obama is not American); 2) after hammering the administration on its handling of Libya, he's using this fake remembrance to not so subtly imply that the administration's handling is the reason for the Seal's death; 3) He fake cried; 4) we also happen to now know the truth about this one and how full of shit he is.

1) Agreed, stupid comparison and use of rhetoric
2) This is exactly what he should do. I have no problem with that. If he wants to win this election he needs to remind people as much as possible about Libya
3) Never acceptable, although I haven't seen the footage so I cannot determine the veracity of the fake cry. If true is pretty pitiful
4) Truth is malleable in politics. The fact that he met the guy is somewhat true, which is actually surprising for one of these stories. Usually they are 100% false. Mitt actually has some sort of truth in the story. Got to give him political points for not just making the whole thing up. :)

Looks like you've sold your soul, Wrangor. Say ten Hail Mary's or whatever it is you do to absolve yourself and continue to go about your day.

Sold my soul? Just realistic. Anyone that doesn't look at Mitt and Obama and pretty much see the same person is squinting.

Not even c,lose. Romney bases 90% of his camnpaign on blatant lies. He doesn't have a single position other than the proven scam of trickle down economics.

The fact you defend his classlessness speaks volumes.

So instead of telling the truth about her son's death, you'd support the Administration lying about it.

Makes sense in RJland.

I ran into an old friend today - a lifelong democrat who has never voted for a republican. We talked politics for 20 minutes, during which he agreed that both candidates lie on a regular basis.

I ran into an old friend today - a lifelong democrat who has never voted for a republican. We talked politics for 20 minutes, during which he agreed that both candidates lie on a regular basis.

Gotdammit -- foiled again. Anecdotal evidence, you impenetrable truth monster. Can't argue with that. You win.

And I met a supporter of Dana Rorabacher last week who said he had never seen a candidate for POTUS of who lies as much as Romney. He said Romney makes Nixon look like an honest man.

And I met a supporter of Dana Rorabacher last week who said he had never seen a candidate for POTUS of who lies as much as Romney. He said Romney makes Nixon look like an honest man.

I'm sure shooshmoo will be along shortly to call out your anecdotal evidence

Gotdammit -- foiled again. Anecdotal evidence, you impenetrable truth monster. Can't argue with that. You win.

Didn't get me the first time, but I laughed heartily the second time. I hate these stupid stories. I REALLY hate them in the debates (I counted last debate and I think I ended up with Romney 5, Obama 3 - so at least Obama won that part of the debate)..

Didn't get me the first time, but I laughed heartily the second time. I hate these stupid stories. I REALLY hate them in the debates (I counted last debate and I think I ended up with Romney 5, Obama 3 - so at least Obama won that part of the debate)..

No fair! The debate was at altitude! The moderator didn't protect Romney enough! Romney was coerced into not excelling b/c he didn't want to confirm other people's stereotypes of the angry Mormon man! :willynilly:

I'm sure shooshmoo will be along shortly to call out your anecdotal evidence

all_bait.jpg

The only purpose of my post was to see if rj would respond with an anecdote of his own to counter it. He did not disappoint - even after Shoo skewered me.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Classic Romney:

"Elf Ellefsen met Glen Doherty skiing in Utah when he was 19, and the two men remained friends for more than 20 years.

Ellefsen said Doherty recalled meeting Mitt Romney years ago, but the account was much different from what the Presidential candidate retold in Iowa.

According to Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doherty four separate times during the gathering.

"He said it was very comical," Ellefsen said, "Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale."

Ellefsen said Doherty remembered Romney as robotic.

"He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

http://mynorthwest.com/108/1353861/Romney-story-doesnt-jibe-with-fallen-SEALs-account

I wonder how many friends they had to talk to until they found a liberal who was willing to lie.

I talked to a homeless man today and he said that if I gave him a dollar he'd vote for Romney.

Back