• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Romney flip flop about abortion Plus Mother of Libya victim pissed at Romney

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Mom can't control who talks to or about her son.

Cindy Sheehan all over again?

Are there going to be background checks to confirm that everyone anyone ever talks about in a political context supports that candidate?

Sorry mom, freedom of speech and all that. Ya know, one of those things your son I would imagine fought to preserve?

You're right. A mom can't teach Romney about class and family when it gets in the way with his greed and obsession with being POTUS.

I don't think Sheehan was trying to stop Bush from talking about her son. Doesn't sound like Barbara is either, she just thinks its low rent and tacky. It is. Save your freedom of speech sermon -- doesn't apply.

Are there going to be background checks to confirm that everyone anyone ever talks about in a political context supports that candidate?

Sorry mom, freedom of speech and all that. Ya know, one of those things your son I would imagine fought to preserve?

Did she say that she was trying to control Mittens? No, she just said what he shouldn't do. He has his right to do whatever. She pointed out it's in bad taste. Don't feel the need to defend Mitt on everything.

Well it is GOP tradition...W used the death of Pat Tillman......

Did she say that she was trying to control Mittens? No, she just said what he shouldn't do. He has his right to do whatever. She pointed out it's in bad taste. Don't feel the need to defend Mitt on everything.

This makes obvious that you are clueless.

I'm probably not even voting for the guy. But unless she has facts that suggest that Romney's account is false or somehow not representative of the truth, then I think what she's doing is in pretty bad taste, especially since she makes obvious that it's out of partisan motivation.

The fact you defend his classlessness speaks volumes.

uh, what?

The woman didn't like what he said and expressed it. She wasn't talking about the freedom of speech. Bizarre post from you

This makes obvious that you are clueless.

I'm probably not even voting for the guy. But unless she has facts that suggest that Romney's account is false or somehow not representative of the truth, then I think what she's doing is in pretty bad taste, especially since she makes obvious that it's out of partisan motivation.

Believe it or not, people aren't hanging on your every word, I have no idea if you are voting for Romney or not. Just saying you picked a foolish issue on which to defend him. Ask yourself this, would you talk about this if a family member didn't want you to? I can only hope the answer is no.

Romney and the Pubs have tried to make as much political hay on this as possible. And it's disgusting, IMO.

Believe it or not, people aren't hanging on your every word.

Then don't act like you are. You said I don't have to defend everything he says...which implies that I would defend anything he says, which I certainly haven't considering I don't even support him. Just makes obvious that you're trying to pick a fight is all.

Would I tell a story about meeting someone? I don't know why not.

And if a family member asked me nicely and privately not to talk about it, I probably wouldn't. If a family member takes ahold of the nearest media bullhorn and says "I don't trust him", might be a different story.

My concern and curiosity is more whether Romney's account is true. The setup seems weird.

Last edited:
Classic Romney:

"Elf Ellefsen met Glen Doherty skiing in Utah when he was 19, and the two men remained friends for more than 20 years.

Ellefsen said Doherty recalled meeting Mitt Romney years ago, but the account was much different from what the Presidential candidate retold in Iowa.

According to Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doherty four separate times during the gathering.

"He said it was very comical," Ellefsen said, "Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale."

Ellefsen said Doherty remembered Romney as robotic.

"He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

http://mynorthwest.com/108/1353861/Romney-story-doesnt-jibe-with-fallen-SEALs-account

That's more like it from Mitt. LOL.

I've had that happen before where someone introduces himself to you several times -- it's weird. I didn't really know what to say.

I wonder if he actually said "Mitt Romney, political figure" like "Eric Stratton, rush chair"?

I do crap like that all the time. I would make an awful politician. Bad with faces and names. Pretty much as soon as I hear a new persons name I have forgotten it.

I don't see any issue with Romney telling a story about a personal interaction with another person. I also don't see any problem with the mom expressing her opinion about Romney. Both completely within their rights. It would be different if Romney was disparaging the guy. He basically is just saying that he had a personal interaction with one of the soldiers that does and that it made an emotional impact.

I do crap like that all the time. I would make an awful politician. Bad with faces and names. Pretty much as soon as I hear a new persons name I have forgotten it.

I've done similar things as well when meeting new people -- probably never to the extent of introducing myself to someone 4 times. Difference is, I don't pretend to remember it later and fake cry about it.

On top of the fake crying (and fake remembering), this is what made it tacky -- from Romney's speech:

"According to the reports on CNN International that I read, he was actually in a different building, an annex, a safe place somewhere else across town when he and his colleagues there heard that the consulate was under attack. And they went there. They didn't hunker down where they were in safety. They rushed there to go help."

Romney concluded: "This is the American way. We go where there's trouble. We go where we're needed. And right now we're needed. Right now, the American people need us."

But you have to expect that from a politician.

Similar to the "I met this half Latino lady in padunky, ohio a week ago and she grabbed my arm and said 'Mitt - the middle class can't take four more years of bad leadership'. It was at that moment I knew the nation needed me". We hear this crap all the time. Shouldn't be that surprising. I bet both candidates use the fake sympathetic person strategy at least 5 times in the next debate.

In context with the post title, I bet Brian Terry's family, and Jaime Zapata's as well, are upset with Obama and Holder...

Back