• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ARGO

Mbadvisor

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of 4-star ratings coming out about this Ben Affleck movie. Looks like a nice break from all of the CGI/Science fiction stuff that has been out. Also, no 3-D!

A firend saws it at Telluride and say it was very suspenseful.

I would be nice to see him in a quality movie for a change.

Argo_Corn_Starch.jpg

I'm not sure a movie about cornstarch is going to be all that interesting...

Last edited:
I'm waiting for RJ's review, dude knows his movies. I'd like to see this one but might wait for the redbox

Didn't he just direct/star in The Town? That was pretty highly praised, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I should be fair enough to evaluate his evolution. I just can't get past the vapid roles in Pearl Harbor, Changing Lanes, or Sum of All Fears. Hell, he actually was half-decent in Dazed and Confused but you have to think he was just being himself, not really acting.

Didn't he just direct/star in The Town? That was pretty highly praised, if I remember correctly.

Yes he did double duty there. He also directed Gone Baby Gone. I can't think of too many people that have turned their rep around 180 like he has. During the Gigli/Jersey Girl days of Bennifer, I grew to be as anti-Affleck as any but he's won me over now, big time.

Yeah, I should be fair enough to evaluate his evolution. I just can't get past the vapid roles in Pearl Harbor, Changing Lanes, or Sum of All Fears. Hell, he actually was half-decent in Dazed and Confused but you have to think he was just being himself, not really acting.

Those first 3 movies sucked in general. But I'm sure that he contributed to that fact

I do have to say I have always been a big fan of Chasing Amy, but that's more because I love the early Kevin Smith flicks. He has turned his career around these past five years. Gone Baby Gone was really, really good.

WSJ today gave it a great a great review; best picture of the year?

He's an excellent director and a mediocre actor.

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs for office in the next decade.

I'd much rather have Affleck in the Senate than Barb Boxer

They'd both be excellent. Afleck has been preparing for politics for years. Damon has more charisma.

Back