• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Put the White Back in the White House

There are a myriad of factors that has contributed to the increase in single parent homes in the black community. The assertion that it is soley due to the Great Society programs is pretty simplistic.

jhmd never mentions the "War on Drugs" and the privatization of our prison system (where private companies with lobbying money have a financial incentive to increase the number of prisoners under their watch) as a factor.

Not to mention cultural factors. In 1965, there was about 8 black single parent homes for every white single parent home. White single parent homes have also skyrocketed, so it isn't suprising that Black homes have too. Also, the numbers started going up before the great society programs were enacted.

[video=google;1028226664449527395]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1028226664449527395[/video]

jhmd never mentions the "War on Drugs" and the privatization of our prison system (where private companies with lobbying money have a financial incentive to increase the number of prisoners under their watch) as a factor.

The War on Drugs has been an absolutely terrible development. I wish people who purport to favor liberty and rights would support drug decriminalization/legalization. Anyone who claims to be for liberty but is against drug reform of some kind is hard for me to take seriously.

This isn't in response to your post per se. I guess more in support of it than anything.

This and the strangely dormant war protesters burn me up more than just about anything in modern politics.

Reactions: ONW

What's the other position on the "War on Drugs"? The War FOR Drugs? If the argument is that we shouldn't punish people who are distributing drugs and we should legalize it, how is that going to benefit drug abusers, exactly?

That of course obscures the fact that the abuse of drugs is a voluntary choice. There isn't a government program that makes that happen. We can't federalize good judgment.

Following that wisdom, we bring you:

se0syg.jpg

There is a role for individual responsibility. Don't do drugs, don't get pregnant until you are ready to care for another human being, finish the free public school provided to you, work to provide for your needs. Is it foolproof? Of course not, but I'd take that path eight days a week to abusing drugs, teenage pregnancy, dropping out of high school and waiting for a "bare-minimum" government check.

Last edited:
[video=google;1028226664449527395]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1028226664449527395[/video]

Status quo is getting a lot of votes. But again, what do you care? You've already got their votes in hand. Why would you want a better life for someone you've already duped? Status quo works...for RJ.

The War on Drugs decreases accessibility of drugs. Therefore, the price increases without a corrssponding decrease in demand.

Shifting the war on drugs does two things: by increasing treatment you decrease demand. This makes selling drugs less lucrative and therefore the violence tends to decrease.

You see a whole lot of turf wars over distribution rights of bud light?

The War on Drugs decreases accessibility of drugs. Therefore, the price increases without a corrssponding decrease in demand.

Shifting the war on drugs does two things: by increasing treatment you decrease demand. This makes selling drugs less lucrative and therefore the violence tends to decrease.

You see a whole lot of turf wars over distribution rights of bud light?

It also leads to draconian penalties for non-violent drug offenders, which IMO is as big a problem.

Not that race should be the primary consideration but, I think, more people will vote for Obama becuse he is Black than will vote against him because he is Black. Just like last time.

Not that race should be the primary consideration but, I think, more people will vote for Obama becuse he is Black than will vote against him because he is Black. Just like last time.

What makes you think that? How do you know black people are voting for Obama because he is black instead of the fact that he is the democrat candidate?

I don't think that happened last time. We saw a hard core of racists during the last campaign and since.

BeachBum and RJ, obviously I don't know that for sure - no one does - but I believe it to be true (call it intuition if you will), unless someone can demonstrate otherwise. Conversely, you can't be certain of what you apparently believe either, namely that more people vote against Obama because he is Black, than vote for him for the same reason. But maybe we can agree on this: voting for or against a person because of the color of his skin is not a very good way to select a president, or most anybody else.

At nearly every McCain event people showed up with stuffed monkeys. They had disgusting posters. About 1/3 of Republicans at that time didn't think he was born in America-that is based in racism. A significant percentage thought he was Muslim. Again that is racism.

What actual events do you have to base your "intuition" on other than you need it to be so to offset the overt anti-Obama racism that we saw?

What makes you think that? How do you know black people are voting for Obama because he is black instead of the fact that he is the democrat candidate?

The 2008 vote would seem to indicate that something was motivating black voters to vote for Obama, other that the fact that he was the democrat candidate. According to Pew Research, in 2004, 60.3% of eligible blacks voted. In 2008, the number rose to 65.2%. That was the largest growth of any racial group by a factor of 2. By contrast, 67.2% of eligible white voters voted in 2004. That number was down to 66.1% in 2008.

Even if you think they only turned out to vote for the black guy, it would equal 2.1 M voters. Let's say you take another 5% (90% vs. 95% of the black vote for Obama), it would only add about 800,000 from the total of 16.1M. Thus the total would be 3 M.

There were over 90 M white voters. 3 M would be less than 3.5% white people who voted against him because he is black. look at how many believed he was born in Kenyan. look at all the people who thought he was Muslim. And then add basic racism.

It's not even close.

Even if you think they only turned out to vote for the black guy, it would equal 2.1 M voters. Let's say you take another 5% (90% vs. 95% of the black vote for Obama), it would only add about 800,000 from the total of 16.1M. Thus the total would be 3 M.

There were over 90 M white voters. 3 M would be less than 3.5% white people who voted against him because he is black. look at how many believed he was born in Kenyan. look at all the people who thought he was Muslim. And then add basic racism.

It's not even close.

This post just HAS to be a joke, right? I mean, come on RJ.

Why would that be a joke?

Blacks vote 90% for Dems anyway. I gave you that 20% of all blacks voted for Obama just because he's black, not that he's a Dem.

If you don't think bitherism is based in racism, it's you who is telling a joke.

If you don't think more than 3M whites wouldn't vote for any black man, call Chris Rock.

Back