• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tuesday Debate Thread: Most Important this Cycle?

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
I think the "winner" of this debate wins the election. A draw favors Romney and helps him inch towards victory in Ohio.

F. Chuck Todd said if Romney wins, the election might just be O V E R.

Huge night for the POTUS and Romney. Romney cannot allow the President to dominate but cannot make a major screwup. The President must be personable yet systematically destroy Romney. I believe they are both capable of what they need to do. Gonna be fantastic.

I think the "winner" of this debate wins the election. A draw favors Romney and helps him inch towards victory in Ohio.

He's still 6% down in OH. Plus there has been a large number of early votes that appear to favor Obama significantly.

A draw hurts Romney. He has to have a very clear win.

Romney is gonna make Ohio close and he may not need it if he takes WI, Iowa, Nevada and Colorado.

But that's like winning an inside straight.

The spin after the debate tomorrow will be epic. Neither side can afford to allow the perception of a win for the other side to gain traction.

He's still 6% down in OH. Plus there has been a large number of early votes that appear to favor Obama significantly.

A draw hurts Romney. He has to have a very clear win.

The RCP average is +2.2 for Obama in Ohio. Even PPP has it less than 6% (5%).

romney isn't down 6 in ohio.

think todd is overstating the case, but it is important. tricky setting in which to attack harshly - obama needs to be careful. if he loses likeability, he has a problem.

Obama's performance could be legendary tomorrow, I honestly hope he brings his A game. Makes America look good if our POTUS does well and makes me feel better if he does in fact win that at least he has the confidence and desire to still hold the office.

People waiting in long lines in Atlanta's northern suburbs, just reported on Atl radio. 1.5 hours in Cobb County. Romney may win the pop vote and lose the electoral vote, that would be some irony wouldn't it?

Romney is gonna make Ohio close and he may not need it if he takes WI, Iowa, Nevada and Colorado.

nevada is a problem for romney. others very doable, in like order: co, ia, wi.

He's not taking WI or NV. There are way too many Hispanics, union members and people upside down in the houses in NV for Romney to win. There aren't as many Mormons as those groups.

Remember, over 60% of those who voted in the WI recall said they opposed recalls.

Also Tommy Thompson has screwed the pooch big time in WI. He said he would end Medicare and Social Security.

The spin following this debate is going to be unbearable....from both sides of the aisle. My guess is that there is not a clear victor in this debate, and that both sides clearly spin that their candidate won the debate. Right now Romney has all the momentum. Obama needs to put a stop to it. This is his chance.

Obama's performance could be legendary tomorrow, I honestly hope he brings his A game. Makes America look good if our POTUS does well and makes me feel better if he does in fact win that at least he has the confidence and desire to still hold the office.

People waiting in long lines in Atlanta's northern suburbs, just reported on Atl radio. 1.5 hours in Cobb County. Romney may win the pop vote and lose the electoral vote, that would be some irony wouldn't it?

That would be delightfully hilarious.

According to many on the right on this board, Obama is incapable of stringing two sentences together without a teleprompter, so it's impossible for him to win. So, guess it's game, set, match, Presidency, Romney!

It won't be anything like what happened in 2000 as Obama could still get 300+ EVs while losing by 1M votes due to how badly he lose the south. W/Gore was close in a bunch of states.

The Embassy attack is the biggest obstacle for POTUS tomorrow. IF he can get through that looking good, I think he can smoke Romney on foreign policy. He had to be careful, though...aggressive, but not Biden-esque.

The Embassy attack is the biggest obstacle for POTUS tomorrow. IF he can get through that looking good, I think he can smoke Romney on foreign policy. He had to be careful, though...aggressive, but not Biden-esque.

I agree. Obama must address and close the debate on Libya during the debate. It is a huge opportunity for him. Of course Romney's job is to keep bringing it back up, over and over and over again. Find ways to not end that discussion.

Isn't this debate about foreign policy? If so, I expect people will tune in, hear the words Libya, North Korea, or Afghanistan, and then say "I don't give a damn" and flip over to baseball. How either one handles questions on foreign policy has virtually no impact on this election.

Isn't this debate about foreign policy? If so, I expect people will tune in, hear the words Libya, North Korea, or Afghanistan, and then say "I don't give a damn" and flip over to baseball. How either one handles questions on foreign policy has virtually no impact on this election.

I can see how they might flip channels, but to...baseball?

Back