• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So the questions at the "Town Hall" are all going to be asked by undecided voters?

How are these question participants screened? Obviously by secret service for potential threats and whack jobs. What beyond that? As stated before undecided doesn't exist and if you say so you are you are either a fucking moron or lying, neither of which I want asking questions. Do I get background on the people asking questions so I can determine how intelligent and full of shit they are?

Yep, you pegged me. Libertarian conservative for Romney.

This board is getting insufferable. The libs will argue anything, dismiss anything, or twist words in any way possible to try to make points. Any post having anything to do with Obama or Biden gets instantly jumped upon. Here's a news flash...you ain't changing anyone's mind on this board. So you might as well be honest. If your guy pulls a dumb move, laugh at it, whatever. I'm trying to win votes when I'm out knocking on doors or walking in parades with candidates. Not when I'm on this board. No point to dishonesty here.

Unfortunately, if my guy pulls a dumb move, no one will ever know it because the media is blacking him out.

Now...a town hall debate at a private school in NYC metro moderated by a pretty clearly liberal moderator...you don't think that plays toward Obama? Come on, be honest.

first of all, do you use the term "libs" in everyday conversation? as in say it out loud to other people? as I've said before, I've found anyone who uses that term to be incredibly lame. secondly, regardless of the location, host, etc, there is a bipartisan commission that sets up all the debates, with the parties and campaigns having to agree to all the particulars. so regardless of the location, moderator, etc, all was agreed upon by the Romney Campaign and GOP ahead of time. it's not like Obama is like "hey, next debate is in NYC, FYI."

47% was a "misspeak"? That's what they'd like you to believe. He said what he truly believes to an audience of his peers. It's hard to regard it as a "misspeak" when it lines up with core conservative ideology and the Ayn Rand view of the world they seem to love.

Yep, you pegged me. Libertarian conservative for Romney.

This board is getting insufferable. The libs will argue anything, dismiss anything, or twist words in any way possible to try to make points. Any post having anything to do with Obama or Biden gets instantly jumped upon. Here's a news flash...you ain't changing anyone's mind on this board. So you might as well be honest. If your guy pulls a dumb move, laugh at it, whatever. I'm trying to win votes when I'm out knocking on doors or walking in parades with candidates. Not when I'm on this board. No point to dishonesty here.

Unfortunately, if my guy pulls a dumb move, no one will ever know it because the media is blacking him out.

Now...a town hall debate at a private school in NYC metro moderated by a pretty clearly liberal moderator...you don't think that plays toward Obama? Come on, be honest.

And thus the conservative whining begins.

So much unseemly irony here.

first of all, do you use the term "libs" in everyday conversation? as in say it out loud to other people? as I've said before, I've found anyone who uses that term to be incredibly lame. secondly, regardless of the location, host, etc, there is a bipartisan commission that sets up all the debates, with the parties and campaigns having to agree to all the particulars. so regardless of the location, moderator, etc, all was agreed upon by the Romney Campaign and GOP ahead of time. it's not like Obama is like "hey, next debate is in NYC, FYI."

BarcaDeac says things I already know. Thanks for posting. I remember when the current POS system was set up, thanks. It used to not be controlled by the parties like it is now.

Doesn't address what I said one bit. I expect this to be hostile territory for Romney and I imagine he does as well. He certainly should.

I expect the foreign policy debate in Boca Raton to be much more Romney-friendly. You pretty much can't find a mainstream political reporter or show host that doesn't lean Democrat outside of Fox (which I'm sure Obama refused to debate with a Fox moderator), but the location and probable audience is much more likely to be pro-Romney.

These will be the topics of discussion:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/foreign-policy-debate-topics-138341.html

Btw Thinking, the participants are selected by the Gallup Organization, per this article.
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-romney-town-hall-debate-how-voters-were-selected-2012-10

Most of the crowd will probably be Hofstra students and politically active individuals selected by their respective party, who have absolutely no chance of asking a question because they aren't part of the screened 100. I imagine the questions will probably be pretty fair. I'm thinking 2/3 of the crowd will be Obama-friendly -- the people the Dems pick and most of the students, and of course, the moderator.

Naw, all he has to say is that sometimes at political events you say things that come out the wrong way, I mean Obama knows about this w/ his "bitter clingers" comment.

What, exactly, came out the wrong way?

BarcaDeac says things I already know. Thanks for posting. I remember when the current POS system was set up, thanks. It used to not be controlled by the parties like it is now.

Doesn't address what I said one bit. I expect this to be hostile territory for Romney and I imagine he does as well. He certainly should.

I expect the foreign policy debate in Boca Raton to be much more Romney-friendly. You pretty much can't find a mainstream political reporter or show host that doesn't lean Democrat outside of Fox (which I'm sure Obama refused to debate with a Fox moderator), but the location and probable audience is much more likely to be pro-Romney.

These will be the topics of discussion:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/foreign-policy-debate-topics-138341.html

Btw Thinking, the participants are selected by the Gallup Organization, per this article.
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-romney-town-hall-debate-how-voters-were-selected-2012-10

Most of the crowd will probably be Hofstra students and politically active individuals selected by their respective party, who have absolutely no chance of asking a question because they aren't part of the screened 100. I imagine the questions will probably be pretty fair. I'm thinking 2/3 of the crowd will be Obama-friendly -- the people the Dems pick and most of the students, and of course, the moderator.

you're a crybaby

Fabulous analysis. Would read again.

I post a lot of good, unbiased analysis and get this.

Board. Becoming. Insufferable.

I was here long before you were, sweetheart. So instead of whining about this board why don't you scurry on over to the Brickyard. Your opinion of yourself and your own posts is really fascinating, but on this thread you have offered nothing but excuses and whining and the thing hasn't even happened yet.

Last edited:
How are these question participants screened? Obviously by secret service for potential threats and whack jobs. What beyond that? As stated before undecided doesn't exist and if you say so you are you are either a fucking moron or lying, neither of which I want asking questions. Do I get background on the people asking questions so I can determine how intelligent and full of shit they are?

I may be totally wrong on this, but I thought I heard that each one of the pre-screened undecided voters submits a question, then those questions are reviewed by the moderator, and she picks the questions that actually get asked. If the moderator is doing his/her job, then no crazy, off-the-wall questions should get asked.

In the debates of this format that I've seen, normally the primary debates are the ones where you can see some questions that are a little more "out there." (Some of those YouTube debates come to mind here.) Once you get to the actual presidential town hall debate, things tend to be a little calmer.

The debate is in Long Island, not the city. Long Island is a good mix of Republicans and Democrats, it's been cyclical. It's not the blue state that some are trying to portray. Should be a fair crowd to both, even if it is at a university. Very doubtful that most of the crowd will be Hofstra students. Even so, believe it or not, some, in fact many, students follow the Republican party.

I was here long before you were, sweetheart. So instead of whining about this board why don't you scurry on over to the Brickyard. Your opinion of yourself and your own posts is really fascinating, but on this thread you have offered nothing but excuses and whining and the thing hasn't even happened yet.

Just shut up and wallow in your ignorance, would you? I'm tired of getting baited into pointless pissing contests with you. You add nothing but the same liberal bullcrap that several other posters already have well covered.

It's not whining or excuse making at all. It's a simple analysis based on simple facts. There's nothing complicated about it.

I haven't even said if I think this is fair, unfair, good, bad, whatever...you've attributed all of that. I think it's fine because like I said, aside from the moderator, I think everything in the Florida sets up for Romney.

It's pretty bizarre that the town hall is where it is though. Stark County OH would have been perfect for it. It's already a nearly perfect microcosm of the country in terms of voting history.

Last edited:
Back