Page 586 of 586 FirstFirst ... 86486536576581582583584585586
Results 11,701 to 11,716 of 11716

Thread: 2017-2018 NHL Thread – It's Ovi's World Now

Heiskanen has been such a pleasure to watch all season. His entire game against the Devils was beautiful.

Big test with the Caps tonight, and Benn out.

Justin Williams! The Carolina win-streak appears to be continuing, while the Islanders will end.

Go Canes, go.

Where did this Greg McKegg kid come from? Had a good game Friday vs. Columbus and assisted on the Williams go-ahead goal in the last few minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Where did this Greg McKegg kid come from? Had a good game Friday vs. Columbus and assisted on the Williams go-ahead goal in the last few minutes tonight.
    Dude has a legendary name, but he seems to be a very high IQ player and a great motor. Nice little win streak for the Canes. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Unfortunately that streak is going to end abruptly in Tampa on Thursday.
    beer and titties

I'd like to thank the hockey gods for scheduling and televising Carolina at 7pm and Washington at 7:30pm last night. It helped me avoid college basketball and emergency speeches.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    I think last night will go down as the night the fan base turned on Brind’Amour. Those shootout choices and his comments after were just inexcusable.
    Good call, moron.

Brutally tough stretch coming up, Ning/Sabes/Perds the next three, a west-coast trip coming up, then VGK/Flamers/Pens/Sabes after that.

Will it make or break the Canes? Prolly the latter

Goddamn it canes, another busted third period

If the Lighting get home cooking like that every home game it’s no wonder why they have a 8 now 9 game winning streak. Both officials should be reprimanded for the ticky tack calls on the Canes and the blatant missed calls on Tampa. But hey, it’s the NHL, and nobody takes this league seriously because of officiating like that. Get your house in order Bettman...
    beer and titties

An odd steak continues as the Capitals beat Bruins for the 14th straight time.

This is so good:

Scooter Banks
    Canes have hot streaked their way back into the playoff race...have to wonder how long they can keep this up. Have two games against teams below them in the standings this week, then things get tough.

Why are the Isles good? Trotz? They need to fuck off.

I think we can finish above 2 outta 3 of NYI/MTL/BUF -- I don't really see anyone else making it, and I'd be shocked if anyone else currently in the playoffs didn't make it. Actually doing it will be tough.

Still wonder how good we'd be if we'd just held on to Lindholm

Scooter Banks
    RBA was not a fan of Lindholm. He needed to go somewhere else to succeed (same as Skinner).

I could see CBJ having an implosion, because Tortorella teams at some point just burn out...just not convinced it'll come this year. But I expect that roster will see big changes this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    RBA was not a fan of Lindholm. He needed to go somewhere else to succeed (same as Skinner).

I could see CBJ having an implosion, because Tortorella teams at some point just burn out...just not convinced it'll come this year. But I expect that roster will see big changes this offseason.
    Torts is big on holding players accountable. He doesn't care who the player is. This approach may cause some tension, but Torts believes that you get solutions out of this kind of conflict. The guys in the room like Torts for the most part I think. He's dealt perfectly with the two elephants (Bobrovsky and Panarin) in the room all year.

This roster has a lot of young, talented players on it. They won't break up the core of Wereknski, Seth Jones, Pierre-Luc Dubous, Cam Atkinson and Josh Anderson. It's a talented roster that lacks depth scoring. If Bob gets traded midseason, the Jackets will need a franchise goaltender right now. The backup isn't ready. Who knows what happens with Bread. That guys is amazing. I hope we can keep him.

A couple notes on former NHL All-Star MVP John Scott:

Firstly, he survived a near-death scare after falling through ice on a lake in his backyard.

Secondly, Radiolab (excellent public radio podcast) did an episode 'The Punchline' detailing the history around his All-Star campaign. It's very moving, and John himself is featured prominently in the oral history.