Page 586 of 639 FirstFirst ... 86486536576581582583584585586587588589590591596636 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,720 of 12763

Thread: 2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Scooter Banks
    RBA was not a fan of Lindholm. He needed to go somewhere else to succeed (same as Skinner).

I could see CBJ having an implosion, because Tortorella teams at some point just burn out...just not convinced it'll come this year. But I expect that roster will see big changes this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    RBA was not a fan of Lindholm. He needed to go somewhere else to succeed (same as Skinner).

I could see CBJ having an implosion, because Tortorella teams at some point just burn out...just not convinced it'll come this year. But I expect that roster will see big changes this offseason.
    Torts is big on holding players accountable. He doesn't care who the player is. This approach may cause some tension, but Torts believes that you get solutions out of this kind of conflict. The guys in the room like Torts for the most part I think. He's dealt perfectly with the two elephants (Bobrovsky and Panarin) in the room all year.

This roster has a lot of young, talented players on it. They won't break up the core of Wereknski, Seth Jones, Pierre-Luc Dubous, Cam Atkinson and Josh Anderson. It's a talented roster that lacks depth scoring. If Bob gets traded midseason, the Jackets will need a franchise goaltender right now. The backup isn't ready. Who knows what happens with Bread. That guys is amazing. I hope we can keep him.

A couple notes on former NHL All-Star MVP John Scott:

Firstly, he survived a near-death scare after falling through ice on a lake in his backyard.

Secondly, Radiolab (excellent public radio podcast) did an episode 'The Punchline' detailing the history around his All-Star campaign. It's very moving, and John himself is featured prominently in the oral history.

Canes sign Turbo to a 5 year extension. $5.4 AAV. Now to sign Aho.

The Capitals have now lost 6 straight

Tonight's loss came after a goalie pulled, 1 second remaining in regulation, game-tying goal from Evander Kane.

They're back at it tomorrow night in Toronto before 1.5 weeks off (All-Star break + Bye Week), and holy hell do they need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post

Tonight's loss came after a goalie pulled, 1 second remaining in regulation, game-tying goal from Evander Kane.

They're back at it tomorrow night in Toronto before 1.5 weeks off (All-Star break + Bye Week), and holy hell do they need a break.
    I was wearing my Canes hoodie in Asheville right after New Years and a cook at a restaurant I was eating at came out of the kitchen to say how bout them Caps?? to me. Someone sitting at the table next to me asked me if I was a Caps fan before I even realized what was happening. I pointed at my hoodie and he gives us both a puzzled look. I said hes just talking shit, let him have it. Its the first time Caps fans have been able to talk shit... well, ever. The cook definitely didnt expect that response. He walked away without saying anything else, and I yelled how about those Skins? Or the Wizards? Or the Nats? to no response. Later, when our food came my wife and I were both missing ingredients in our dishes and had to send them back. The customer from earlier saw it happen and said their cooks are too busy talking shit to make the food correctly.

You can thank chodes like this for your losing streak. Fuck the Caps.
    beer and titties

And the Caps got a hat trick from Ovechkin.

Nedeljokvic making his Canes debut tonight for my fellow night owls

Canes won and enter the break only 4 back from a playoff spot (with a couple extra games played, though).

Caps reach L7, double loser, get the picture territory.

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Nedeljokvic making his Canes debut tonight for my fellow night owls
    I've been clamoring for Ned to get a chance for a while now and he looked solid last night. Nice to enter the break with some momentum and 5 out of a possible 6 pts on a very tough Western Canada road trip.
    beer and titties

Yep, almost makes up for shittin the ol' bed vs NYR and the Sens before that.

Yuge stretch coming up post break

This new guy Niederreiter has looked great so far. Scoring goals sure, but hes had some nice looking shifts as well when Ive been watching.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    This new guy Niederreiter has looked great so far. Scoring goals sure, but hes had some nice looking shifts as well when Ive been watching.
    4 goals in 4 games isn't a bad start. The entire league is laughing at the Wild for that trade.
    beer and titties

Canes won and enter the break only 4 back from a playoff spot (with a couple extra games played, though).
    The BJs lost again & Buffalo is generally imploding, so now the Canes are only 3 points back from a playoff spot, with games played all square.

I don't think this is consequential (yet), but Philly is amidst one of their insane streaks (W7). Their franchise seems to be defined by lengthy streaks.

Philly seems like a different team since the management shake-up.

Can we all just take a moment and enjoy the 4-0 domination of the Pens by the Canes in Pittsburgh last night? Its a damn shame that this team lost more than a few games to subpar teams earlier this season, because when they are clicking they can play with anybody. Theyve had the Lightning sneak by them twice in games that could have gone either way and they took Calgary to OT at the Saddledome and pushed them hard at home as well. Im really hoping this is the year they make it back to the playoffs.
    beer and titties

Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    Can we all just take a moment and enjoy the 4-0 domination of the Pens by the Canes in Pittsburgh last night? Its a damn shame that this team lost more than a few games to subpar teams earlier this season, because when they are clicking they can play with anybody. Theyve had the Lightning sneak by them twice in games that could have gone either way and they took Calgary to OT at the Saddledome and pushed them hard at home as well. Im really hoping this is the year they make it back to the playoffs.
    Let's go Canes! I would love to see playoff hockey return to Raleigh.

Ideally at Tort's expense.

But yeah, statement W last night, we've struggled mightily in Pittsburgh for a long time. Let's go!!!

Theyre unable to catch a break in the standings, their peers in the wild card race are hanging on so far. But if they keep playing at this level theyll not only get in but will be a nightmare first round matchup.