Page 1 of 641 1234561151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Editing the title cleared out the OP. So this is a boring post now.
    Last edited by avalon; 02-05-2019 at 04:21 PM.

New thread, new avatar.

Hoping for good news today.

what's going on now?

/go canes

Let them play! Let them play! Let them play!

Please for the love of god.

Rusty Larue
    i need to unleash the fury

Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    what's going on now?

/go canes
    They're meeting at 1pm and there is speculation that the NHLPA will present a counter offer. We may have a better idea after that of whether or not they can get this negotiation moving.

This is what happens when you let a team from LA win the Cup. Hockeypocalypse.

As long as the lockout continues, I will enjoy watching Ovie, and now Backstrom, play for Dynamo Moscow.

Any updates?

The players had a conference call that ran over and are now working on their proposal, meeting pushed back to 2:30. There are 18 players in attendance including Crosby, Toews and Eric Staal. Not sure if that is a good or bad sign.

But at least we have this:

Week 1 NHL News (From and Alternate Universe Where the NHL Exists)

ETA: lol at "leafs wont miss playoffs!"
    Last edited by avalon; 10-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.

NHL lockout 2012: NHLPA presents four offers, all call for gradual decrease to 50/50 split

So they are at least on the same page? Kind of starting to feel a glimmer of hope, you guys.

I'm also curious about how the offers are different.

Welp, nevermind. Bettman's comments are super negative. Doesn't like the player proposals and says the offer the NHL made is the best they can make.

Interested to hear Fehr's take since I kind of default to not believing a thing Bettman says.

Where are you getting updates?

The Twitter machine. I follow a bunch of writers that are camped out at the NHLPA offices. I can give specifics if people want, though its mostly noise.

One reporter said that the NHLPA's offers didn't guarantee that the split would get down to 50%. Assuming they set up a methodology similar to their last offers, I'm guessing the disconnect may be the expected growth rate in revenues (NHL wants to use 5%, players 7%.)

Woops, I take that back, the second option apparently gets owners down to 50% with onlly 5% growth. Option 3 had the players going to 50/50 as long as the owners promise to honor all contracts that were signed by the players, and they would get 13% up front to cover those contacts.

If that's true and Gary Bettman just stormed off like a petulant child, I'm going to believe that the NHL's offer was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I wish they would just use a luxury tax.