• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

After an off-day, we get a game 7!

Pens/Caps & Sharks/Knights will play tomorrow. Jets/Preds Friday. And the Bolts series will start Saturday.

Tenth time is a charm, right?

The UNABRIDGED history of the Capitals and Penguins playoff history

The abridged version:

breaking-bad-pizza-gif-1426117961.gif

It will be interesting to see if the Bruins can convert tonight on their significant shots advantage the past two games. They have had a lot of good chances.

Yeah, I think Boston takes it tonight. Maybe they rally from a three-goal deficit or something.

I remember in '16 how it was weird the Pens and Caps hadn't met in so long, now getting a ton o' it. Only team that's really stood up to them in the division more or less was the Rangers of yore, everyone else has gone down rather meekly. Lame.

Had the Caps ever come back from down two games in the Ovi era before this? Hard to believe that they have. Maybe that'll get them over the hump -- at least until they play really good competition in the conference finals

If you like fast-paced hockey with plenty of scoring chances, that was a tremendous game to watch. I thought the Bruins were cooked down one at the end of the second period.

Sharks-Preds, Caps-Bruins. Much more confident in the west than the east

I really want to see Sharks-Jets, just for all the West Side Story jokes, but that seems to be the least likely combination. I think Vegas has one more series win in them, but the winner of the Jets-Perds series will go to the finals. That one is almost too close to call, but I'll give the edge to Nashville for experience. East will probably be Pens-Bruins, which is exactly the opposite of what I would want to happen.

For the Caps to have a chance, they have to win game 1 tonight with Malkin and Hagelin out.

I think San Jose's forward talent will be too much for Vegas. Knights were pretty impotent offensively vs. the Kings, but they ran into a team with one talented forward. Not the case this time 'round.

And DeBoer is really good and the Sharks have experience of being in the playoffs and making deep runs (at last) in the recent past. Might be good to keep rolling sans Thornton, the younger(ish) guys don't seem to have the choker mentality Joe and Marleau did

I caught the first period and was not surprised that they won by a touchdown.

Thankfully for the Sharks and Caps, one game does not make a series. [He says with zero confidence]

Some horrible officiating in the Bruins - Lightning. Rask with no blade and waving to the official but they don't stop and an easy goal. Can't review/change that?

Back