• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Man I cant stand this series so far...finally nashville gets called for the tack they were calling on avs first period and 2/3s

2017-2018 NHL Thread – It's McDavid's League Now

Also I am over rinne...get older and shittier faster please

Also as I was typing it turns out bernier is low key awful...and the officials are trash...barrie is getting murdered and somehow it is 4s...fuck this noise

Okay mak thank you...back in it

Picked bad two minutes of game-time to post

Also if I see a close up of watsons smug mug I will be angry...such a punchable face

Some pretty imbalanced series so far but should make for some really good conference semis.

Kings massively need to rebuild. And the Caps are a Cappin'

Penguins and Flyers continuing the alternating routs. Pens win 5-1 in Philly.

7-1 Pens
5-1 Flyers
5-1 Pens

Pk is becoming less likable each year. His "me?? what did I do" while "call this, did you see that?" all while straight pot shotting peeps like that shot on mak last night is infuriating and making me really dislike what I know to be a good dude off the ice.

Last edited:
Washington loves overtime. Because regulation misery isn't enough for the fanbase.

Such a Caps move to go with Grubauer as the "hot" goalie, only to have him completely shit the bed and then have Holtby play extremely well when they decide too late to yank him.

Swapping out a European goalie down 2-0 with two home losses going into Game 3 of the First Round worked out for the 'Canes once upon a time. Maybe the Caps will see similar results

Swapping out a European goalie down 2-0 with two home losses going into Game 3 of the First Round worked out for the 'Canes once upon a time. Maybe the Caps will see similar results

Let's hope not. Amazing that the home team has not won a game in this series yet. Holtby has been great since he came in. Wilson should have been suspended for a dirty hit in Game 1. The Jackets miss their second line center badly. It's a best of 3 series now after the Jackets laid an egg last night.

Even if the two remaining series go 7, with multiple OTs...it's still the lamest first round I can recall.

Multiple sweeps, lack of games sevens, extreme lack of OTs...don’t get me wrong: playoff hockey > *. It’s just relative to most seasons that it’s falling a little flat. You can always count on the Caps for a heart-attack inducing series, though.

Last edited:
Think there was a clearer delineation between the really good teams and the rest this year. With the Flyers and the Avs officially bounced I feel like we're left with the 10 legit teams. Should be very good the rest of the way.

And at least there have been lots o' goals!

Ovi is such a gamer. He had two absolutely beautiful goals in that second period - numbers 50 and 51 of his playoff career, respectively.

Back