• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Lightning get home advantage back. Of course they are 6-0 on the road this postseason, so maybe they can just opt to play the rest of the series in Washington.

Edit: Looked it up - they are actually 5-1. Lost one in NJ.

Last edited:
This RMNB paragraph sums it up for me:

I cannot lie, I was thoroughly livid after this game concluded. That’s special because this team, or really any sports team that I root for, hasn’t made me feel that way in a very long time. The Caps almost doubled up their opposition in shots, had four fruitless man advantages, and held the Lightning shotless for a full twenty minutes. Yet, they still came out losers. It’s a best of three now, a situation the Caps have already been in twice this postseason. I’m still all-in.

I didn’t get to watch the game but I can’t believe the Lightning are up 3-2.

Are you guys excited for the Knights? Or perhaps perturbed that they’re tasting success much too quickly?

I didn’t get to watch the game but I can’t believe the Lightning are up 3-2.

I read that the Caps have blown TEN series in which they were up either 2-0 or 3-1. Next closest franchise has only four such series.

They’re close to number 11.

Wanted Winnipeg since Wheeler is an alum of my kids' high school. But I'm cool with Vegas. Actually met one of their minority owners last summer at the IIHF Pan-American championships in Mexico - one of his sons was playing for the Colombian national team. He was insistent they'd be good. Guess he was right.

With Winnipeg out I'm now pulling for the Caps to win it all.

I read that the Caps have blown TEN series in which they were up either 2-0 or 3-1. Next closest franchise has only four such series.

They’re close to number 11.

Caps managed to extend the series to seven games with the home win tonight. Tampa Bay should be favored at home.

Last night's game was concerted domination. Shots, hits, faceoffs, special teams, and goaltending...all facets won by Washington. Now they've got their shot, and I am so excited (and anxious).

For the fans, the Caps game 7 record churns stomachs, but they've never played in an ECF game 7. They had also never beaten Tampa at home in the playoffs before last night (were 0-7 previously), and for the first time in team history, they secured a 3rd win in a playoff series after winning the first 2 on the road (previously 0-11 in such games).

There are so many horrible historical stats you can throw out, but they're just fodder for threads like these. Here and now, the players are leaving it all out on the ice, and I just hope that Ovi gets this chance to play for the Cup.

Last night's game was concerted domination. Shots, hits, faceoffs, special teams, and goaltending...all facets won by Washington. Now they've got their shot, and I am so excited (and anxious).

For the fans, the Caps game 7 record churns stomachs, but they've never played in an ECF game 7. They had also never beaten Tampa at home in the playoffs before last night (were 0-7 previously), and for the first time in team history, they secured a 3rd win in a playoff series after winning the first 2 on the road (previously 0-11 in such games).

There are so many horrible historical stats you can throw out, but they're just fodder for threads like these. Here and now, the players are leaving it all out on the ice, and I just hope that Ovi gets this chance to play for the Cup.

At the beginning of the year if you'd have been told the Caps would play in game 7 on the road for a shot at the Stanley Cup finals AFTER beating Pittsburgh in the conference semis, as a fan you'd have jumped at that set up. They got this!

Put about $500 on the Bolts to win the series. Throwing the rest of the account on the Bolts game 7. I'll go nuts if they pull this off, but I've been beaten down for too long to think they can make a Cup appearance.

Well wake20 is brokeass but I doubt he cares.

This is good:

So here we are...

Washington Capitals vs. Vegas Golden Knights

...for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Both teams touched their conference championship trophies, so you know the series is going to be lit.

I'm in London this week so got up at 1am to watch the game last night. Totally and completely worth it. Happy to stay as the underdogs in the Final as well. I like our chances.

Back