• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Bruins got tons of shots, but they couldn't convert. THey could have easily been up 2-0 early. Good goaltending and taking advantage of the chances Blues got in the first two periods. Nice to see a long time NHL small market team with no championship get one. Congrats.

St Louis was a significantly better team than Boston in the Cup series when the teams were playing 5 v 5. Very heavy team that forced bad plays out of Boston in their own end. That was pretty much the story of the series - St. Louis out hit Boston almost every game, Boston coughs up bad plays and St. Louis capitalized.

Draft coming up. Will be very interested to see who takes 17 yr. old Bobby Brink in this draft. People hate on his skating but I think that is overblown and the kid is incredibly smart on the puck. He'll produce points and probably is a late first round pick that will pay above slot for someone.

Rumors Faulk could get dealt, one year left on his deal and apparently not making good headway on a new deal.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to lose him, not sure we need two offense-heavy Dmen in him and Hambo, but want someone who can help us next year in return

Looks like the Canes had an excellent draft. ESPN and Yahoo both grading us out with an A rating

Doesn't look great at face value. Hopefully doesn't mean we're not gonna pony up for Mrazek, want our starting goalie to be at least that good

Based on a lot of comments, looks like a salary dump for de Haan and perhaps an AHL goalie to replace Ned, who may be joining the canes as this year's backup? Assuming a few checkers make the squad, frees up money for Aho and other RFAs/FAs.

Feels like the first move of a series so I'll withhold judgment until I see what they're getting at.

Adam Gold seems to think Ned is still going to be the #3. I doubt that highly

Love what the Stars have done so far

Let Zucc walk but get to keep first round pick. Signing Pavelski and Perry which will be weird as a fan because they are longtime rivals but gonna be great pickups

Back