• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

How many times are we going to concede a goal after breaking a stick? Happened a few times lately, feels like.

Hate when refs make calls based almost singularly off how bad somebody's hurt. Prime example right here

Hate when refs make calls based almost singularly off how bad somebody's hurt. Prime example right here

What a stupid thing to say. Classic example of boarding. Should have been 5. Wouldn’t be shocked if he sits a game.

Helluva defensive effort.

In DC we were shutting down everybody besides the Ovi line. Now we're shutting down them all

What a stupid thing to say. Classic example of boarding. Should have been 5. Wouldn’t be shocked if he sits a game.

Dude was miles from the boards and the ref took forever to raise his arm. Stop crying

Not to mention there wasn't that much contact by Foegele and the refs let plenty go for the Caps there in the last minute

Yeah WTF that wasn’t close to boarding. The Caps flail and dive a lot, especially Oshie. It’s surprising. The fact that Ovi didn’t get called for a much more textbook boarding less than 3 minutes later was comical.

Will probably never see eye to eye with Caps fans but I agree with Ron's take here, whereas I thought he was in the wrong re: the Svech/Ovi fight:

But Foegele's prolly getting suspended since Oshie is hurt. Please come back Svech, otherwise no idea who we promote to the top 6

Foegele is officially not suspended. Caps fans can fuck right off thinking it was a dirty hit, there have been FAR worse hits from both teams that weren’t called, and Oshie is a flopping bitch who deserved it. I honestly think he threw himself to embellish the hit and ended up fucking his hand up, which makes me so damn happy.

Best out of 3 series now boys, next man up. No excuses. Saarela is a stud and a fellow Fin, I can see him coming in hot tomorrow if he gets some serious ice time.

Foegele's hit certainly wasn't dirty, nor warranted a DOPS hearing. T.J. Oshie is an American hero who is known for his skills competition prowess and his inability to keep balance. The injury sucks, but it gives playoff-star Devante Smith-Pelly another chance to prove himself with the Caps.

The PNC crowds have looked amazing. I'm looking forward to Game 6 - it's most certainly going to be a 7pm puck drop, right? The other one or two games that night are Western Conference tilts in the central time zone.

LOL the Canes are going to have won more playoff games than Bill Peters and the former Canes guys. They were chirping pretty loud and mocking the storm surge when they won in Raleigh this year. Good for them.

Pretty ridiculous that they call the high stick on the canes right after the face off (it was one), but then miss the Caps guy swing his stick one handed at a dudes neck. Announcers and Caps coaches certainly saw it

Canes not playing well but the officiating has been horrifically one sided so far. And is it just me or is this ice terrible? Players slipping all over the place.

With their backs against the wall, the Jets have mustered 6 shots on goal through 2 periods :eek:

Back