• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The Habs have life again. Habs/BJs back on somewhat equal footing this morning for the 8 seed.

And we've got a three-way battle in the West for the final spot between the Avs, Wild, and Yotes.

0 points for CBJ helps a ton. Not having a good Western Canada road trip.

I think we should ride Mrazek a little more, some separation is emerging in goal. It's probably would just be Mrazek in the playoffs so might as well start now. McEl's rebound control is ungood

C-Mac has regressed a bit the past several games. Which I think most expected to happen at some point, it's just the worst possible time for him to do so. Mrazek is absolutely the guy you ride in big games down the stretch, problem is you're going to need both to be effective the final weeks of the season due to the compressed schedule.

He can still play, he hasn't been godawful, just gotta wisely pick the spots. Only times I'd play him are against the Wild and the Flyers on the first half of back-to-backs where the second game is against top and direct competition in the Habs and Pens

Gonna be some tight buttholes these last few weeks. Win the head to head Montreal, split with the Caps, beat the Pens and split with the Flyers should be enough. Go 4-2 in those 6 games and they will be sitting pretty. Should be able to pick up at least one of the other three vs NJ, Minnesota, and Toronto. I say 5-3 over the last 8 get us in.

Mrazek needs to be the man in minimum of 6-7 of the final 9 games for the Canes. He is definitely playing better of the two right now and agree that Mac has not been awful (not all his fault), but just not as good. Need Mac in the back-to-back games, but other than that, lean very heavily on Mrazek.

Gonna be some tight buttholes these last few weeks. Win the head to head Montreal, split with the Caps, beat the Pens and split with the Flyers should be enough. Go 4-2 in those 6 games and they will be sitting pretty. Should be able to pick up at least one of the other three vs NJ, Minnesota, and Toronto. I say 5-3 over the last 8 get us in.

You're probably right. Our magic number is 101 points since CBJ and Montreal play each other -- hopefully not a three pointer. You'd think one of the two would drop five points in other games, though no guarantees

Play like that and we don't need any. In fact maybe the Caps/Isles/Pens should start getting nervous re: home ice!

If we can get a W tomorrow I think we can officially pay more attention to the teams ahead of us than behind us. C'mon!!!!

Play like that and we don't need any. In fact maybe the Caps/Isles/Pens should start getting nervous re: home ice!

If we can get a W tomorrow I think we can officially pay more attention to the teams ahead of us than behind us. C'mon!!!!

Am I reading correctly that we’re underdogs at home to the Habs? The disrespect is real...

Nah, looks like we're -150 per SBROdds.com. Vegas has been giving us a lot of respek, I think b/c we're #1 in shot margin (or close to it)

Yeah ESPN is whack with the NHL lines, noticed they've been off on a bunch lately.

We were even favored over the 'Ning. That may not have proven to be the right team to favor but Vegas knows what's up

Statement win last night, with another chance at an even bigger statement win tonight. The Habs are on a tear right now, gonna have to play another damn good hockey game. LETS GO

Doc just gave a shoutout to North Carolina hockey: detailed the success of our Thunderbirds, and also the Checkers and Canes.

He was talking playoffs, Carolina’s resurgence, and then North Carolina hockey in general.

1-0 Montreal in the 2nd period

But not at the end!

Huge W. Played like trash for a lot of it and looked real nervous for the first time really but found a way. McEl came up huge, Ron pushing all the right buttons.

Had to like our chances in OT, our forwards so much better than Montreal's trash group

Back