• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

A little early to do this but not a bad night last night with CBJ and the Habs losing and getting zero points and nothing for their souls. If we're gonna make it I think we're gonna have to beat out one of those two, they seem to me to be the most vulnerable targets.

Should be the Isles but Lamoriello seems to have morphed them into the mid-90s Devils

I’ve finally stopped waiting for the Isles to come rocketing back to earth, I think they are legit Cup contenders this year. If the Canes don’t make the playoffs I’ll probably pull for the boys from Long Island.

Don Cherry goes on OWG rant against the Carolina celebrations:

Last edited:
Woot woot. I love this silly team. Apparently there was a “bunch of jerks” chant towards the end of the game.

Woot woot. I love this silly team. Apparently there was a “bunch of jerks” chant towards the end of the game.

Dude I love it, I swear to god the more people hate you and worry about you the better momentum you get. Lets ride it all the way to the playoffs!

And let's finish 7th or better! Be nice to avoid the Ning and stay out of the Atlantic division for the playoffs. Top Wild Card gets the Isles instead of Tampa right now -- such a huge difference.

Montreal maybe starting to fall off, they have Carey Price but otherwise a pretty uninspiring team. Let's get 'em!

Last edited:
I mean second and third in our division are not that far out of sight at this point

CANES. In the playoffs as we speak. 21 games left. Probably have to win at least 60% of those games to sniff the postseason. Sabres lost in a shootout tonight, Canadiens routed the Flyers. No need to watch out for teams from behind anymore, the only real battle is the Pens, Habs, Jackets and Caps. Lets beat em all.

Yeah I get the sense it's gonna be nine teams for eight spots.

Get used to the view Torts!

CANES. In the playoffs as we speak. 21 games left. Probably have to win at least 60% of those games to sniff the postseason. Sabres lost in a shootout tonight, Canadiens routed the Flyers. No need to watch out for teams from behind anymore, the only real battle is the Pens, Habs, Jackets and Caps. Lets beat em all.

Yeah I get the sense it's gonna be nine teams for eight spots.

Get used to the view Torts!

Yup. Just keep taking care of business. Nine teams have sort of broken away from the pack, so a deserving team is going to be left out. Columbus is still two games behind us somehow.

Yup. Just keep taking care of business. Nine teams have sort of broken away from the pack, so a deserving team is going to be left out. Columbus is still two games behind us somehow.

Out of the four other teams in our path, I think that Columbus is the most vulnerable. I would say something about Pittsburgh playing poorly recently but historically that hasn’t gone well for me.

So much for the Jackets being the team Carolina can catch. Better hope the Habs eventually fall off.

Back