• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Westbrook was considered to be a huge stretch. Most had him mid-to-late lotto at best and he went top-4.

Harden went more-or-less in his projected range. Perhaps a slot or two high, but certainly justifiable given that he was a pretty good match for the Thunder.

this is exactly how i remember it.

But as a PG, he was rated higher than Bayless and Augustin. If they were going PG, he was the best choice.

As I said earlier, I would have taken Love and worried abotu finding a PG later. I would have been elated to have a front court of Love and Durant for the next ten years.

If I was OKC there is no way I'm dealing Harden before this season though. I sign and trade him after the year for 75% of what I just got, because his value in helping win a ship this year is worth the reduction in trade value you'd get by waiting. And even then I would have probably just amnestied Perkins. Honestly he sucks and only holds marginal value against the Lakers, and Dwight will still probably rape his soul.
I don't follow the financials of the NBA like other sports but this is my line of thinking regarding how to handle Harden too.

Also, back then it wasn't 100% clear that Westbrook was going to completely stick as an NBA PG.

This is also true. If you remember, then Westbrook was a point guard by accident at UCLA. He had played off of the ball until Collison went down and it was a really big deal that he was respectable. It was anything but sure that he would be an NBA caliber PG at the time he was drafted.

It was an even dumber move by OKC than we first thought. It wasn't $2M/year. It was $1.125/year.

"The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard."

It sounds like Presti wanted to dumb him. I can't believe they could that amount fixed.

I'd bet that Harden and his agent thought there would at least be some further neogtiations over such a piddling amount.

It was an even dumber move by OKC than we first thought. It wasn't $2M/year. It was $1.125/year.

"The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard."

It sounds like Presti wanted to dumb him. I can't believe they could that amount fixed.

I'd bet that Harden and his agent thought there would at least be some further neogtiations over such a piddling amount.

It was allegedly a decision handed down from the ownership group, so if you've got beef, then it's with Bennett and co.

Also, there aren't individual income taxes in Texas. Harden made himself a ton of money.

It was allegedly a decision handed down from the ownership group, so if you've got beef, then it's with Bennett and co.

Also, there aren't individual income taxes in Texas. Harden made himself a ton of money.

Another ~$3-5mm over the life of the contract so not really anything consequential for him. Property taxes are quite a bit higher though.

I'd be stunned if Presti told Harden ,"Take this deal or we'll trade you."

If he knew the management group was going to do this, it was his duty to tell Harden.

Personal income tax is 5.25% in OK. I'd be surprised if huge homes in Houston don't cost more than similar ones in OKC.

We need two more people to join our fantasy basketball league that drafts tonight at 8.

IT's auction, 10 teams, roto. We need to get to 10 ppl before 7 so post on this thread if you're interested. First two get in.

We need two more people to join our fantasy basketball league that drafts tonight at 8.

IT's auction, 10 teams, roto. We need to get to 10 ppl before 7 so post on this thread if you're interested. First two get in.

YOU DIDN'T FORGET ME DID YOU

Can someone explain why Harden would have taken the max deal now when he could have gotten more money and more years if he signed after the season?

They should have waited. They could have matched any deal and forced a better trade.

Yahoo league? I'd be down.

Fantasy/Spurs question:

The Spurs seemingly have a bunch of "sleeper" types who could provide great fantasy value if you picked the right one. Who do you think is the best sleeper pick and why?

Leonard, Splitter, Danny Green, Patrick Mills, Neal, de Colo?

Im thinking about targteting Leonard ~pick 100.

Fantasy/Spurs question:

The Spurs seemingly have a bunch of "sleeper" types who could provide great fantasy value if you picked the right one. Who do you think is the best sleeper pick and why?

Leonard, Splitter, Danny Green, Patrick Mills, Neal, de Colo?

Im thinking about targteting Leonard ~pick 100.

I don't know if anyone there besides Mills and de Colo is really a sleeper. I think you're going to get what you expect from the others. Maybe Leonard gets more consistent, but that's about it.

I also think that in order for the spurs to successfully transfer from parker/gino/duncan to the future that they need to see if Splitter and play full time minutes.

I don't know if anyone there besides Mills and de Colo is really a sleeper. I think you're going to get what you expect from the others. Maybe Leonard gets more consistent, but that's about it.

You interested in a fantasy league man?

Mills might not be a bad pick. I would not pick Neal. Things are going to be tough for him with competition from Mills and de Colo.

Back